Chapter One- The Hero

( Read the Summary please, it gives you a lot of information you need and information on shout-outs for YOU readers. Don't forget to check out StarryPenName and give them the credit they deserve for the collab! Thank you for being here and stay determined!!!)

Legend has it, an 'angel' who has seen the surface will descend from above and bring us freedom...

Frisk slowly walked across the wooden bridge, the old prophecy echoing through their head. The bridge creaked and groaned under their feet as they tried to be as cautious as possible. They were almost at the end, as they heard a familiar, cracking, voice call from behind them.

"YO!" he yelled, running across the bridge with no fear, despite not having arms for proper balance.

The monster looked to the side, before turning his attention to Frisk, "Yo, I know I'm not supposed to be here, but..." He trailed off, glancing to the side as he said, "I wanna ask you something." He paused, seeming to be nervous.

Frisk tilted their head at the monster confused, before signing for him to continue.

He bit his bottom lip, "...Man, I've never had to ask anyone this before...um," he paused, "Yo...you're a human, right?" He gave them an awkward smile, followed by an even more awkward laugh.

Frisk nodded, slightly unsure of this action.

"Man, I knew it! ... well, I know it now, I mean... Undyne told me, um, 'stay away from that human.' So, like, um..." He paused and frowned, looking down a little. "I guess that makes us enemies or something." He looked up a little, though, before he said the next phrase. "But I kinda stink at that." He laughed and dug his toe into the ground, almost embarrassed. "Yo, say something mean so I can hate you? Please?"

Frisk looked at Monster Kid, before shaking their head, 'no', refusing to hurt their new friend in any way.

"Yo, what?" Monster Kid shook his head. "So I have to do it?" Frisk looked like they wanted to interject, but Monster Kid talked over them, "Here goes nothing..."

He gulped, before putting on the best angry face he could muster, "Yo, I -- I hate your guts!"

Frisk blinked at the insult, not sure exactly how he wanted them to react.

"Man, I... I'm such a turd." He looked down, avoiding eye-contact, seeming to feel awful about want they just said to their human pal. "I'm... I'm gonna go home now." Frisk reached to stop him, but he already turned around before they could react.

He made a dash towards the opposite side of the bridge, but one of his claws got caught on a plank, causing him to tumble over the side, catching himself by the skin of his teeth... literally.

"Yo! W-wait! Help! I tripped!" He cried out, his legs squirming above the chasm below him.

Undyne arrived at the end of the bridge, facing Frisk. Her intimidating armor shone, reflecting off the light from the crystals and gems that dotted the cavern ceiling, she froze, seeing the small monster hanging off the side of the bridge. She took a step to go help the child, only to find the human do something she didn't expect.

They ran to help a monster.

Undyne backed off, as the human pulled the striped-shirted kid back up, not a care for her presence. Her heart was momentarily softened, but she knew -- she HAD to catch a human, she HAD to prove she could do it, and she... she had to free the monsters. She was determined.

The monster child faced her after he recuperated, he took a deep breath, as he looked towards her bravely, " Y... y... yo... dude..." he gulped, focusing on the eye glowing under the guard's helmet, "If... If y-you wanna hurt my friend..." The child buffed out his chest, trying to make himself look as big and fierce as possible, "You're gonna have to get through me, first."