Chapter Four

"Uncle Syn. It's OK. I'm fine. I'll go back on stage. Hold my hand though. I can't do this on my own" He wiped his eyes, nodded and grabbed my hand. We went back on stage and Matt hugged me. The song ended and the concert ended. I went backstage and cried on Valerie. We then went back to mine and Syn's house and ate pizza. The guys and Valerie stayed over. I couldn't be alone so Zacky volunteered to stay in my room. I went to sleep crying in Zacky's arms.

It was midday when I woke up alone. I felt alone. My heart hurt. I missed my father dearly. Everything just wasn't right. I was in the wrong bed. Wrong house. Wrong people around. I started crying. I reminded myself of that song that was played yesterday. Fiction. Daddy wrote that. He wrote that and gave it to Matt on Christmas Day. I then had an idea. I jumped out of bed and ran to my wardrobe. I threw on a pair of skinny jeans, t-shirt and a flannel shirt. I tied my hair up into a ponytail and chucked on my Doc Martin boots. I walked downstairs and was greeted by Syn and Matt sitting at the kitchen table. "Morning!" I smiled. They looked at me as I ran around getting cereal and a glass of chocolate milk and laughed.

"Morning Aaliyah. What's the rush kid? Calm down". Syn says laughing. 

"Not to be a bother but can I borrow some money? I want to go get some stuff in the mall. I've woken up with a great idea!" I said enthusiastically. At that moment Johnny and Zacky walked down the stairs and came in. 

"Aaliyah. Take $25 from all of us. Don't say no. You have to. Go have a shopping trip on your own. Also take my card. Don't leave me broke. Get your phone to be safe. Want a lift?" Zacky asked as he gives me the money and card.I shook my head and ran upstairs to grab my bag, phone and headphones.

-M Shadows' Point of View-

Myself and the others watched Aaliyah run upstairs. I turned to the others. "She's a good kid. If we are to raise her the way Jimmy wanted us too then we are going to have to cut down the alcohol and cigarettes. We are going to have to treat her as if she was our own". They nodded.

"Where is she going to stay? She can't live with Syn forever and she can't go back to the house on her own" Johnny asked. 

"As much as I'd like to keep her forever, I do feel like to quit my addictions I need to do it on my own". I nodded. I looked at Zacky.

"Any ideas?" I asked him.

"Maybe she can stay with one of us at a time. Like for example, she stays with Matt and Val for a month. Then goes to Johnny. Then Brian and then me. A month at a time. That means she'll be living with each of us for 3 months in total. Sound good?" We nodded. 

"Yeah. That's a good idea. I don't want her living on her own until she is at least 16. It's what Jimmy would have wanted". Just after I said that Aaliyah walked in smiling. I smiled at her.

"I'm going to go now. See you all later!" She gave us all a kiss on the cheek and then left.

"They grow up so fast don't they?" Johnny said and I burst out laughing.

"Right. Back to work then!" Zacky jumped up and grabbed some water. Back to working out our new album. Without Jimmy.

-Aaliyah's Point of View-

I was now on my own walking to the mall to have some quality me time. I had made a list on a scrappy piece of paper of what I really wanted to get. After a 15 minute walk, I had found my way to the mall. The mall was really big and I knew what shops to go to but first I had to do something important. Eat some lunch. I saw there was a McDonalds there so I went and ordered a cheeseburger with fries and an Oreo McFlurry (This is what I order everytime I go to McDonalds!) I then sat down to work out how I was going to tackle the shops when I got a text from Johnny. Hey kiddo. Syn wants you to do the grocery shopping too. Zacky and I will pick you up later. See ya xxx  I smiled and texted him that he didn't need to pick me up and that I could walk home. He complained and I said I was fine. He then gave in but swore that he would call me every hour. I started eating my food and thought about my relationship with the guys. Johnny was like that annoying overprotective brother but you and him together equal trouble. Synyster was that really chilled out brother that you can do anything with and talk to him about anything. Matt was the dad of them. He could stand a bit of tom foolery but if you did something that was really bad, he wouldn't be happy. Yet he was the happiest guy ever. At that point, I had only seen him really upset once and that was when my father passed. Zacky. Well Zacky was a mix of all of them but quieter. He was caring, strict, chilled,naughty and good all at the same time. They were all complete legends and I loved them all so much.