Day One

It's Sunday the first day of our deal our last day will be Saturday June fifteenth. I pull out my phone a play some music to get changed. When I'm done I look into the mirror. My small body holds a white Falling in reverse T shirt, red pants with black suspenders a bunch of rubber bracelets and mis matched purple and green converse. I put on my purple beanie and head downstairs.

"Morning moon pie!" My aunt Jessie yells to me entering the kitchen.

"Morning Aunt Jess." I say trying to mimic her country accent. she, my uncle, and my cousin moved to England so I had family to take care of me.

"Where would my lovely niece be heading this morning?"

"I'm just going out to the park hang around a bit." Laughing at my suicide joke.

"well don't be dead for too long because we need to go get your birthday piercing early."

"Really? I thought it was Thursday?"

"nope they moved your appointment up a bit so be home by eight. Your appointments at eight thirty."

"got it ill be here by eight." I say with toast in my mouth. I grab my keys, kiss my uncles cheek and head out the door.

I stop at the store for some filler ups. I get Pringles, coca cola, two bags of Reeses mini cups and a box of honey buns. I grab some more groceries for the house. I drop them off keep the Pringles and head to the park just in time.

"Hey!" He says waving from the swings. I run over and drop my purse, he's smiling at me. I pop open the Pringles container and eat one. He looks at me swallow then reaches his hand in and grabs one. We sit on the swings, talk, and eat.

"so how old are you?" I ask.

"Seventeen last month." He says looking at the play equipment.

"Really?"

"Yeah, let's go." He says and gets up. I get up too and follow.

"Where are we going?"

"it's a surprise." He says. I stop moving and look at him. He turns around with a questioning look. "what? I'm not gonna kidnap you were just going somewhere special its in the hiking trail. Come on Fallon, have a little adventure!"

"I mean, what can it hurt?" I run after him. We run through the woods, then stop at this large fallen tree hanging over the river. we are secluded by  multiple bushes and trees. the water was crystal clear and flowing, multiple flowers line the edge of the water in bright pinks, blues, and purples. it looks like something out of a movie. "its beautiful," i sigh.

"Isn't this great?" He says looking at me.

"Yeah, it's so pretty, i gotta paint this." I pull out my camera and take a picture.

"You won't be able to do that if you're dead."

"Ha ha so funny. But true." I put my phone on the ground and climb across the tree.

"Hey did you put away your phone before you got up here?" He asks.

"Yeah i could fall in."

"Oh you won't have to worry about that."

"Why?"

"Because I'm gonna push you in." Before i could process what he said i was engulfed in the freezing water. I emerge my head from the cold blue abyss and watch him jump in after me laughing. We spent that day swimming, taking pictures and eating Pringles.

"That was amazing." I say as we head to our vehicles.

"Yeah. Same place tomorrow?"

"Definitely."