Back In The Saddle

The above picture is of her lesson horse Watson.

Aurora bit her lip as she led the calm grey horse from the cross ties to the arena. "Thanks for opening up a spot for me Kaitlyn," She said turning towards the other woman. "It's no problem at all, I am so excited that your getting back to riding!" She said excitedly and Aurora nodded with a small smile. "Just don't get to excited," Aurora chided as she climbed up the mounting block to mount the gelding. Taking a shaky breath she nudged with her heels and the horse moved forward. "Don't be afraid, Watson wouldn't hurt a fly." Kaitlyn comforted as the duo walked around the arena. Aurora nodded, that's not what she was afraid of, she was afraid she would end up hurting him. After a lap she clicked her heels against his side lightly and they entered a nice trot. She posted to the cadence and a small smile flicked across her face as they came around the center. At the canter she easily moved in tune with the horse and while she wasn't the best after not riding for a year, she still knew what to do. They steadily traveled around the arena and she tapped the horse with her heels once more as they turned the corner. "I would like to try barrels." She called to Kaitlyn. The trainer nodded and rolled the barrels out. Aurora started slow, trotting around the barrels. Then moved up to the lope and they wove between the barrels almost seamlessly. At the end of the lesson Aurora was feeling more relaxed and at ease on the horse. "I need lessons at least twice a week for quite a while." She stated as she dismounted and loosened the girth a bit. "Alright I have an open spot this Friday and I will try and work you into the schedule for the next few weeks." Kaitlyn responded with a smile as she walked with the brunette woman back to the cross ties. "I will untack him for you, go and work with that horse of yours." Kaitlyn gave her a hug and watched as Aurora walked out to her red pickup truck. Mark caught up to her and grinned wildly. "You were a natural out there." The dirty blonde man complimented as they climbed into the vehicle. "Thank you it felt so good!" She breathed out with a smile still plastered to her face. They drove home quietly chit chatting and as they parked Mark asked a question. "Would you like to go out to dinner with me sometime this weekend?" Aurora was surprised but turned towards him and gave an open grin. "Sure."

After Mark left , Aurora got ready for her shift at the local emergency room. She was an ER doctor and loved the thrill of the night shift. She worked about three to four times a week at all different times. Tonight was going to be from eight at night to four in the morning. Before she left she ran down to the round pen and fed the lovely horse.