Chapter 1

Ever since vanellope joined the other racers, Sugar Rush has become one of top most played games in the arcade. Her special glitchy power made all the kids love her. Every time someone chose Vanellope to race with, they always won thanks to her glitch. In fact the game had been doing so well that the owner of the arcade decided to order a chip to program into the game to add some upgrades. There would be some new racers and some new bonus levels added to the game. Ralph and Felix were also doing very well in their game. Granted they weren't as popular as Sugar Rush but they were doing very well. Felix was still happily married to Sargent Calhoun. They hardly got to see each other but they got to take breaks and go out to dinner together every once in a while. All was going well so far and everyone was happy. It was actually time for all the leaders of the games to gather at game central station to have a short meeting on today's news. Vanellope was there, so was Ralph, Felix and everyone else. Vanellope ran up to Ralph, jumped up to his big head and gave it a squeeze. "Good morning you lazy gorilla with rancid morning breath!" Teased Vanellope. "And to you, munchkin with a hideous case of bed head." Ralph teased back. "Ralph, Vanellope, quiet. The meeting has started." Fussed Felix. "So as we all know several games this month have gone out of order and have had their plugs pulled. Still haven't figured out why that is. Those games were doing very well but as we all know, games do get old. On the bright side those homeless characters will have new homes built so they will have a place to live. For the good news, I'd like to recognize Sugar Rush. They have earned their way up to a new upgrade! They will get some new characters and a few new levels added to the game. Congratulations." Explained pinky. One of the pac man ghosts. Vanellope got excited. "Ralph did you hear that! My game is getting upgraded!" Cheered Vanellope. "That's great news! Why don't you race back to your game and tell all your people before Mr. Litwak installs the chip." Ralph explained. "Great idea! I'll see you dorks later!" Yelled Vanellope as she jumped off Ralph's shoulder and raced back towards her game. "Ralph the announcements weren't over!" Fussed Felix. "Oh relax, she's heard all she wants to hear. She won't miss anything." Said Ralph not really caring about the announcements anyways. Back in Sugar Rush Vanellopes friends were all next to their racing cars waiting for all the kids to come busting into the arcade. Vanellope was nearly out of breath when she got there since she ran the whole way. She was so tired she tripped herself up and fell on her face. A few of the racers laughed but most of them ran over to her to make sure she was ok. "Vanellope are you ok?" Asked Taffyta. "We're getting a upgrade today!" Yelled Vanellope as she lifted her face up out of the cookie dirt. She now had a face full of crumbs. Taffyta helped her up off the ground. "What do you mean an upgrade?" Asked Taffyta confused. "As in we are getting new players and levels!" Said Vanellope very excited. Taffyta immediately started to panic. "Oh my gosh! We're being replaced! I can't be replaced!" Cried Taffyta. "Um, no Taffyta, That's not.." Before Vanellope could finish Taffyta dropped to her knees and started screaming. "I'm to perfect to die!!!" Yelled Taffyta. "Taffyta suck it up and listen!" Yelled Vanellope who bopped her on the forehead with her hand causing her to fall back on her butt. "We're not getting replaced. I'm not sure how many new players we will get but unlike how I was treated when I first started racing, please welcome these new racers in as family." Said Vanellope. Right as Vanellope finished that sentence everything turned black and vanished. Mr. Litwak had shut down the game while he installed the new chip. This was so exciting for Sugar Rush. New players and new levels much more challenging then the last. The players definitely couldn't wait to to meet the new players and try out the new levels with them. What a great way to start the day.