☹ ONE ☹

TJ sighed, resting his head on top of AYIN's as they just quietly laid in bed. Ayin didn't tell him about the successful job application. If she did, then he would've asked her to go but then she'd be across the country.

"I'm so sorry you didn't get the job, baby," he muttered, rubbing her bare arm. "I know you really wanted that job." It'd been a few days since then and TJ hasn't let it go just yet. He just felt so upset that she didn't get it.

He was so confident about his girlfriend being good enough to be accepted into a big company like Cosmopolitan. Where did he go wrong?

Ayin felt the pang in her chest. She didn't want to tell him the truth because if she did, he would insist that she went off to California but she didn't want to leave him. They were going to have a future together and that would never happen if she's across the country just for work when she already has one that is keeping her fed. She shrugged. "That's okay. I'm happy with my job here."

"Yeah, but that's your dream job," he whispered, pressing another kiss to her head. "You know what? Let's go do something today." He pushes himself off of the bed and pulled Ayin up with her. "Let's go out."

Ayin groaned, throwing her head back playfully. "What, why? Let's stay in today. There's fries I can cook up in the freezer."

He walks them towards the bathroom and he pats her backside lightly. "No, let's go out and have fun instead of moping around. Get in the shower."

She cranes her head back: "Are you going to shower with me?"

"Haha, no," he joked, kissing her forehead quickly. He shoved a towel into her body and closed the door. "You take a really long time to shower so you go first. Love you."

She scoffed, closing the door. "Yeah, whatever. Love you, too."

ADELAIDE walked into the hospital floor and was quickly met by LARISSA's arms wrapped around her. "Hey, thanks for letting me schedule an appointment at the last minute," she whispered as Larissa led her down the hallway.

"That's fine. I didn't really have much today, anyway," she shrugs. "What's up? What's the appointment for?"

She looked around discreetly then dipped her head down. "Larissa, I'm pregnant."

Larissa's eyes widened and they made their way into her office. "What? Have you told LaMarcus that you're pregnant? He's the father, though, right? I swear, if it isn't-"

"He's the father," Adelaide laughed, taking a seat opposite her. "But I haven't told him. I want to tell him when he gets home from the road trip." She leans on the table and scanned her eyes over her documents in Larissa's hands. "Face to face, y'know?"

"Yeah, I get it," Larissa laughed. "When was your period supposed to come? Did you take a pregnancy test before coming down here?"

"Three weeks ago. And yeah, I did. It's positive," she chuckled, shyly scratching her head. "Are we gonna do the test now?"

"Yeah. Let's go." Adelaide follows her friend into the back of her office.

At the time, ASTRID was texting her brother back as TAYLAR brushed her hair back.

"So, you and RICKY are still together, huh?" Taylar teased as she wrapped a strand of her hair around a curling iron.

Astrid glances over by the side, where her boyfriend is sat on one of the chairs next to PAUL and were sitting silently, then looked at Taylar through the mirror in front of her. "Yeah..."

"You don't sound very happy about it," the girl further on stated. "Something you don't like about him?"

Astrid shrugs as Taylar finally unravelled her hair. She reaches forward for the makeup brush and an eyeshadow palette, starting to do her own makeup as Taylar continued to style her hair. "He's just..."