Ten

EDITED

**Two weeks later**

I don't even know what day it is. The days and nights have blurred together.

I pad slowly through the forest surrounding the edge of Mystic Falls. My wolf feet silent and covered in mud. I've swam in a few rivers and such since leaving a couple of weeks ago, and I've hunted deer to sustain myself. But I have stayed in wolf form the entire time, just letting my animal side take over.

Damon confessing his care for me, the overwhelming desire I had to be near him, the sacrifice with Klaus, Elena and I having to die. It was too much. I needed a break. And maybe it was selfish to be gone for so long, but I needed time.

I smell bleach. And a type of musk that I could never forget even if I tried.
Damon is close.

I sniff again. So is Elena. She smells flowery and pure.
Stefan. Bleach, and vaguely animalish due to his animal blood diet.
I smell Earth and magic. Bonnie is close by too.

I burst into a run, my feet reaching speeds that propel me forward towards my friends in a blur.
Busting through the Salvatore Boarding house door I run around the four people in the parlor room in a huge horse sized blur until I stop before them and wag my tail a little bit.

They all seem shocked and scared, then relax when Damon busts into a smile.

"Debria?" He asks, his eyes wide and happy, full of relief.

I wag my tail some more and jump around him in a huge circle, effectively knocking over a side table causing the lamp on it to break.

Elena and Stefan chuckle at my puppy like behavior and Bonnie seems amused as well.
I go to my favorite doppelgänger and lick her face which she pretends to be disgusted by and wipe off, but laughs all the same.

Stefan looks at me and holds his hands up,

"Look no wolf kisses for me okay? Please. I'll scratch your ear and that is it."

I let out a wolfy groan and push my head down into his cold hand and he scratches my right ear a few times.

"Debria. Change into human form. We've missed you. And you missed so much. We really needed you here," Elena asks of me, her eyes full of worry.

I shake my huge head no and lounge on the floor next to Damon, my head and chest still up and alert though.
They seemed confused by the fact I want to stay in wolf form, but take it in stride quickly.

"Debria. Elijah is daggered. Damon and Stefan signed over this house to you and Elena, you just need to sign your name when you're ready. It's a safe house from vampires. And Klaus kidnapped Katherine. And he has the moonstone. And he's here," Bonnie explains to me, sitting on the couch opposite Damon and I.

I cock my head to one side in confusion, slightly annoyed that Elijah is daggered.

Damon leans forward,

"So we go to the dance, we find him."

Stefan looks shocked at this, they haven't discussed the plan that far ahead,

"Really? How are we going to do that? We don't even know what he looks like."

I nod at Stefan's point and Damon looks annoyed that I'm agreeing with his younger brother.

"Something tells me he's not going to be sixteen and pimply," Damon says bleakly, pressing his lips into a thin line.

"He could be anywhere at any time. He compelled somebody at school," Stefan says and looks at Elena and Bonnie,