6.2 The First Kill

After we all came back to the apartment, Jo immediately told Sam and me what she found with Dean; A few hairs of a blonde woman inside a vent. After a little while, we all decided to take a rest and continue at the morning. Jo and I took the bed while Sam and Dean took the couches.

"Congratulations for finding the hairs," I told Jo as we laying down on the bed. She smiled, looking up at the ceiling, "Thanks. My first time, so it's normal I will get excited by this, right?"

I scoffed, "Normal isn't the word for normal people. But for us, yeah, it's okay," I said and she chuckled as she looked at me. "When was the first time you found something like that?" She asked.

"I didn't find hairs at my first time," I replied, remembering when I first came along in a hunt. "I was 13 when I first went to a hunt with Dean and my Dad. But even before that I saw stuff and helped as much as I could."

"When did you first killed something?" Jo asked softly. I let out a sigh, staring at the ceiling, "Well . . . there was one time that Sam couldn't go to school with me. I was 8 years old -- I followed some kids from the school to the woods that was near by. They wanted to go inside a cave, saying there was a monster living there."

Flashback

**1999**

"And you still want to go inside?" I asked in disbelief, looking at each of the three kids. "You don't have to go with us," Ash said. "You not supposed to come with us," Anna snapped, crossing her arms. "We didn't invited you."

I glared at her, "Too bad, sunshine," I snapped back. "If there is something inside there, you shouldn't go in."

"Scarlett, you should go to school. We'll be there soon," Andrew said. "Leave you three to get yourself killed? No way," I said, crossing my arms. "So come with us," Ash suggested. "What?" Anna and I asked at the same time.

Andrew shrugged, "If you not going to leave then come with us," He agreed. "People say there is a monster so we want to go to see if it true."

"No way," I said. The reason why I was at town with Dad and my brothers was because there was a monster. None of us knew where it was hiding but seeing a dark cave like the one I'm standing close to is something that a creature could hide in. Dad could be angry if he found me at this cave. "I'm not getting inside and neither are you."

"Says who?" Anna asked. "Me," I said, glaring at her. "Come on, Scarlett," Ash said. "We going inside with or without you." I watched as they started to walk to the cave and nervously looked around before following them. I didn't want to go inside or get into troubles. But I couldn't let them walk inside without someone who had a weapon. Luckily I had the knife that Dean gave me, inside my backpack.

We walked in, Ash pulled out from his backpack a flashlight and turned in on, moving the light around the cave. "Stay together," He ordered as we continued to walk with me in the back.

"You really think that something in here?" Anna asked. "Shhh," I shushed her. Suddenly, there was noises of a few rocks and Ash quickly turned the flashlight to the direction but nothing was there.

"We have to go," I said, pushing the three to go back around but when I did, in front of us stood a creature. Anna started to scream as it roared on us. I pushed the three kids behind me, "Run! Run!"