Chapter 2: The Quiet Ones.

Beacon Academy. Beacon Tower.

The four girls sat nervously in Ozpin's office, with Glynda Goodwitch pacing the room, her stern face was not comforting in the slightest to them. Marron and Noir gave each a worried look, they both knew that face of their teacher shortly after becoming students. Ecru was the most nervous, fidgeting in her seat with uncertainty, with Cyan recognising the too familiar tone of disappointment in Glynda's voice.

"Disrespectful to the academy's rules! Reckless destruction of city property! Dangerous, and I might add, poor choice of decisions!" The professor furiously added as she watched the four students sink into their seats. "You do realise that your stunt was caught on camera for the news, and has probably been seen across every kingdom by now!"

She waited to see what response they'd give, but they remained still in their seats. Glynda would've preferred to have got fellow teachers to help her, but given that it was live news she saw and Team CFVY just happened to be passing by when her scroll notified her, she was grateful of their willing assistance. Though she wondered why these first years before her had been so willing to endanger their lives and jeopardise their spots at the academy.

"You three I thought had improved your behaviour this last semester!" She tilted her head to Marron, Noir and Cyan.

Ecru raised her hand, about to point out that they stopped the Crimson Hand & about what they apprehended from their clutches. She was also about to mention that her team had helped her with the awkwardness she felt around others. That was till Glynda's eyes locked with hers, instantly unnerving her as Glynda spoke directly to her.

"As for you Ms. Modena, I am shocked! I had you as the voice of reason for your team. Now I see that their reckless choices and actions have rubbed off on you!"

"But Professor, we stopped those thugs from..." Noir tried speaking up, but Glynda's attention swooped down on her, cutting off Noir's conversation.

"Ms. Raven, that stunt you pulled nearly got civilians hurt and caused collateral damage across the entire district and highway!" Glynda's voice grew deeper and louder, empathising the seriousness of the damage caused.

"For the record, my bike got trashed stopping them from hurting civilians." Cyan pointed out, much to her team looking at her with multiple waves of their hands, trying to hint at her to stop talking.

"Ms. Chrome, the damage to your vehicle was your own doing by ignoring your terrain and warnings." Glynda remarked as Cyan sulked stubbornly in her seat, with the others dreading what Glynda was going to say next.

"By all accounts, your team should be disqualified from the tournament, at the very least!" Glynda's words were like knifes through hot butter, cutting through each of them.

"You can't do that Professor!" Cyan stood up from her seat, but quickly sat back down when Glynda's eyebrow raised at Cyan's words. "It's my fault and my fault alone that it happened, so don't exclude my team from the tournament. Please." Cyan pleaded with Glynda while the others wanted to speak, but Glynda's stern look kept them unsure what to say.

"Ms. Chrome, a qualifying team for the tournament needs four members each, so while I applaud your improved attitude to using teamwork, it does not change the fact that you'd all still be unable to participate." Glynda's words sank heavy for each of them, as they felt the excitement of the Vytal Festival slip away. "Besides, you four all willingly chose to disobey academy rules! So all four of you are to share the same punishment."

They sat there feeling low, frustrated with knowing that they were so close to actually having a shot in the festival's main event. They silently remained in their seats, unable to take a glance at one another, blaming themselves for causing the current state of things. Yet they soon looked up as someone entered the room, the foot steps approaching closer.