Prologue

A crisp plaza of night sky obscured the Lord's plane.

Stars, winking like fellowmen towards a murder of courtesans, pierced the nighttime—yet amidst them all was Medici of the evening: la Luna.

Yet the Earth beneath was impatient, and so it remained lively throughout the sleeping hours. Merchants still widowed their silks and bolts of lace, attracting the ladies and Madonna's who had not succumbed to their palazzos.

Fruits fit for the midday ornamented the Florence breeze, where the tang of Spanish mangos and Tuscan wines rang out. Wretchedly enough, the ancient imports of Italy's air would soon disperse away if one had strolled along the Bilanchino.

Stevedores and captains hauled crates towards warehouses, leaving one to wonder of their meddling. They leant away from the lamplight garnishing market-squares, and bustle of pedestrians that wished to stir past evacuation.

The brothels and winehouses remained awake, where ocher light christened the windows without hint of the lovers within. Yet the love within brothels was nothing more than fondness of bodies and skin, and without godsend of the candid feelings shared between lovers.

Little known by the people, however, was the second Earth beneath the surface.

A market of stirring tunnels grazed beneath Florence, one charred and bristled with rocky sewers and walls. It smelled and appeared dreadful, but the trade that confined it was most appalling of all.

If one could listen closely, they might've been able to hear the screams of a man.

They might've heard the ghastly laughs of Satan incarnates.

And even Death himself as he served his purpose.

...<~>...

So... PROLOGUE IS COMPLETTEEEEEEEFLERJFKLJGKFDLJG...lol, a little too much excitement there... What did you guys think??! Please vote and comment if you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

LONGER CHAPTER IN THE FURTURE, SO STAY TUNED :D