Eleven

Lauren's POV

I clenched my eyes to try to make it last the most it could. If this was the last time I were to kiss Camila, I wanted it to be worth it. I wanted it to be a kiss that I would remember. Finally, I inhaled deeply and pushed myself away from her body. Camila's cheeks were stained with fresh tears and her eyes were still closed. 

"I love you," I whispered. Camila began to sob and that's when I felt it was time to leave. I turned around and begun to walk towards the door. If I turned back—Camila's eyes would beg me to stay and I would. I knew I would. I couldn't allow that to happen. I couldn't allow her to be my weakness once more. Not before I kill Owen. I turned the doorknob and out of that room, leaving Camila and everything we had to die. I could still hear Camila's whimpers as I descended down the stairs and as soon as my eyes met Ally's, I spoke.

"Go comfort her, please." I told Ally. Keana and I will get going. I reached her side. "I'll see you all soon." Ally nodded and instantly rushed up the stairs without another word.I turned to face Keana who had a stern look on her face. "I'll get the enchantment book. Go outside." I whispered.

"No I'm staying here-"

"Keana go outside!" I yelled and hoped that the two women wouldn't hear me. Keana huffed and walked out the door, slamming it after her. I shook my head and walked towards the bookshelf in the living room and carefully moved it from the wall. The hidden book case build into the wall remained hidden from first glance in case an evil creature tried to get ahold of Ally's powerful book.

Oh, the irony.

I played out the book with a forest green cover and pushed the bookshelf back to its original position. I begun to walk towards the  door once more but stopped when my eyes landed on the chrome refrigerator doors. Slowly, I approached it and invulnerably smiled when my eyes landed on the photograph of Camila and I held by a small circular magnet. I remember that day clearly. It was of the young girl and I smiling in the airport before boarding the plane to bring us back to Miami from New York. The phone begun to ring, and I heard footsteps approaching me. Instantly, I reached to grab the photograph and used my vampire speed to get out of the house, carefully closing the door behind me. Keana was leaning against the car, waiting for me and I shoved the picture into my jacket pocket.

"Your eyes are red." Keana said.

"Yeah, well I am a vampire."

"You were crying." I ignored her comment and walked towards the drivers side door, putting the keys into the ignition once I was in. Keana got inside the car and I begun to drive down the street.

"Do you need to talk about it?"

"No."

"Lauren, it's okay, you know? We aren't completely heartless-"

"If I say that I don't want to talk about it then don't push it!" I slammed my hands on the
steering wheel. "You don't know who I am, Keana. Don't try to figure me out if I don't allow you to." Keana sat back on her seat and focused her eyes on the road ahead of us. The afternoon sun was starting to set and that meant that we were wasting time. I turned the car back on and begun to drive to Keana's apartment once more.

-

"You need to hurry up!" I yelled at Keana. The witch turned to face me.