3

Mad couldn't begin to describe Emera's anger. Something was off; whenever she showed he mother a drawing she'd frown and take her father out to talk. Every few months her mother would come in and tear her drawings from the wall, the acts were more frequent as a child.

Emera was done, finished. She was almost an adult, what was her mother hiding?

"Eme, what did I tell you about-" Her mother began.

"Stop."

"Emera I am your mother-"

"Enough!"

This exchange went on for a couple more minutes until Bitterblue walked to her, using her long legs and graceful strides, reached forward, and slapped Emera across the face.

The surprised girl opened her mouth, closed it, and opened it again, at a loss of words. Her mother had never done that before.

"What are you hiding from me?" Emera whispered, tears stinging the backs of her eyes.

Bitterblue shook her head, "What I hide and what I do not is all in good reason. I am to protect you no matter what, the past matters not."

"Please clean your room and get rid of these ghastly images." The Queen said, "Go shower, you are to meet my cousin, King Skye, and his husband.

Taking a breath and wiping her tears, she nodded, and began to work.

***

She worked until her fingers were sore and her mouth was parched, she showered and scrubbed until her skin burned and peeled. The feeling of the slap still lingered, no matter what she did. Slowly, she slipped on her underclothes, taking in every inch of her body, she was, what they called, stunning, beautiful, flawless, lovely, and fair. The face of the future Queen of Monsea, oh if only she felt as so.

If only they realized the hell she was trapped in and the secrets that suffocated her.

She had found a hidden maze once; she was stuck in her room for a solid 2 months.

Emera had spoken back to her father asking about a former King by the name of Leck, she received 3 lashes of the hand.

It was very obvious when something was being kept from you, the bigger it is, the bigger the punishment.

A graced tailor came in and was fitting her into her dress.

It was one of the most beautiful that she had ever seen, I was long and grey, when she walked it swept across the floor as if it was a cape. The waist was bound by a shimmery light grey belt and it was laced by the same color. Seeing it was powerful enough to give her a good dream, if only it was that easy.

"It's beautiful." She said, barely audible. Emera looked up into his yellow and brown eyes, "What is your name and your grace, and how did you get my size? I don't remember going in for a fitting."

The man bowed, "I am Sorian, Lady Princess, my grace is to know you size, height, weight, waist size, breast size-"

"Yes, yes, you are very descriptive." She cut in.

"...all with one look." He completed.

Complimenting him and twirling in the dress, she dismissed him.

"Oh, how long has it been my dear?"

Emera heard the voice of Skye from down below, rushing to check on Noah, who was asleep once again; she went down to greet him.

"Lord Skye, Lord Kalinin, what an honor it is to see you." She said curtsying.

"Oh Eme, look how you've grown, you are beautiful!" Skye said picking and spinning up his niece, once removed. "And if you show such distaste in royal titles, address us as your uncles, Skye and Kalinin."