» Prologue «

In Those Alleys

"Know what you fear, and fear what you don't know."    —» Sabu.

//

Drip. Drip. Splash!!

Turn, turn, turn. Once again, Tenten found herself running for her life. Running for her hope, running for her future and anything she had left in this godforsaken world—once again, she found herself running for her sanity. But what could she say? It was the street life-- or as it became: her life.

The skies filled with greys (which could be as much factory pollution as real rain) and its beautiful blue was no longer visible; much like saddening state of their once beloved city. Once. Couldn't really call running from your killer ex "beloved".

"Hold it, wench!" He grabbed her strands of brunette hair, pact with dirt and filth, tugging her down to ground with him. "What did I say about cheating behind my back? Huh?!" She felt no remorse; the guy was an ass and they'd only been "together" for a few days.

His face filled with anger, as she successfully managed to spit on his forehead. The fact that he trusted her, in her perspective, was all his own problem. She was bribed and not afraid to admit it. Money was her weak point—and she'd do a lot to get it.

Tenten didn't hold much dear, if anything. She coldly dazed up at him, "And whatcha gon' do about it?"

He could only return such a heartless look. "How bout I show you a magic trick?" he asked, twirling her greasy brown tails with his sharp dagger—gradually moving his hand down her body. Like many before him, he displayed her a vile look in his eyes, clear to hurt.

And ever so slyly, his hand ended up resting on her neck collar. "Now you see me... but soon you won't."

One more scar to add onto the hundreds of others that (disdainfully) marked her body like tattoos on a juvenile convict. The ones that, for some reason, hadn't already taken her away.

Maybe this time would be different? She thought, staring up at the muck of nature that swirled above the city, reminding them about how screwed up their lives were. All the greys mixed with browns, and purples--and even oranges. One last thought swirled her mind before she gave in: That must be the color of rainbows in hell.

She only shut her eyes and laid back. She was a bit too broken to get hurt anymore.