Nowhere is not to far away

William's Pov

Who would've thought a guy in his mid twenties would ruin his life this early on, unemployed, dead beat, scum, that's only some of the things people have called me. My hand rests on the cold window of an almost empty bus, headed to God knows where. The only reason I'm on this bus, is because I haven't been the best person in the world and because I landed a job at the local post office.

Sitting on the left hand side of the bus was a man that seemed to be a lawyer. He was talking loud and obnoxiously on the phone, about some case. In front of me was a young couple that seemed to be on their first adventure, they were talking selfies and laughing most of the way. And right behind the bus driver was an elderly man mumbling and fighting with himself, blabbering on about he is supposed to be royalty and how everyone took it from him. The bus driver looked at the rear view mirror occasionally with a disgusted look and shook his head.

I'm surprised that the bus hasn't ended up in a ditch yet, with all of these twists and turns it would make anyone feel uneasy. The bus driver was starting to get frustrated with all of the caos on the bus, he banged on the steering wheel and stopped at a lonely gas station. He opens the bus doors and yells out, "Last stop before Phoenicia!!!"

I walked out of the bus to stretch and maybe get some Doritos from the gas station, the bus driver was leaning on the side of the bus. He blew smoke in the air from the cigarette he was smoking, he laughs and shakes his head. He was so annoyed with all of the passengers, he can't stand his job. Too bad it's probably the only job he could find that pays a decent pay.

I went into the gas station to grab my unhealthy bag of Doritos, so I can stuff my face to stop my stomach from growling. I also grabbed a can of soda so the acid can wash down the Doritos. The cashier rang up the snacks and smiled at me, what is it about a beautiful woman in uniform that makes her sexier. Her blondish brown hair combined perfectly with her brown eyes. She snapped me out of my trance, "That would be $5.75."

I pulled out my wallet and gave her the money, "Keep the change."

She hands me the snacks and asks, "Where are you headed?"

Her fingers tap against the counter and her head rests against her other hand. I answer, "Phoenicia."

Her eyebrows raise, "I wish you the best of luck, that's not to far from here, if you ever want to chat or hang out, give me a call."

She writes her number down on a piece of paper, "Here ."

"Thanks, I'll send you a message so you can save my number, I'm William."

She takes out her phone and puts it on the counter, "I'll have it ready, I'm Hanna."

The bus driver honks the horn, "Well I have to get going, it was nice meeting you Hanna."

She smiles and waves bye.

I get back to the bus and take my seat, I open my bag of Doritos and snack away. The lawyer was still on the phone, he hit the bus seat out of frustration, "NO FUCK THAT, THIS CASE IS MINE!!!"

He hung up the phone violently, "Unfucking believable."

The frustrated lawyer, makes a lot of money, thinks he more deserves money. He probably still hates his job, even though his parents probably payed his way through college. The man talking to himself behind the bus driver is probably traumatized about the fact that the taxes were raised and he lost his house.

The couple ahead of me probably ran away from home seeking a new beginning, they couldn't take their eyes off of each other.