Chapter 36

Today was the day that would decide Clara and Aaron's future. Yesterday they had said good bye to one of their best friends as they watched him take the next step to his future. They both hoped to follow him and once again be teammates with him.

Clara walked down the aisle of the barn dressed in her very best show clothes that she only wore to her most important shows. This show was the biggest of her life so far.

She walked into her stall to find her horse all tacked up and looking beautiful as ever. Clara smiled and told Brit, "Thank you for being my groom today and most of all my best friend."

Brit started to tear up at her best friend, "You know I love you and I want you to go kick some butt out there and ride like you never rode before." Clara wrapped her best friend in a hug before getting a leg up on her mare. She walked out of the barn to find Aaron already standing there.

Aaron saw her walk out of the barn. He knew he was still in love with her, but he would tell her after the show. They began their walk down to the ring where the competition had already started. He knew that she was 5 trips before him. Luke was bring Midnight down to the ring, but he was getting a leg up after Clara finished. Even though they were not on the best terms he still was going to support the love of his life even if she didn't know that. 

He watched the few riders before her make mistakes and take rails down. He knew the course was hard and the time was short, but he never believed it would be this hard. He watched her walk into the ring and begin her course. He watched her fly through the first 3 jumps, but they were the lowest of the 8 even at 3'3. The highest jump of the course was in an ascending combination which she was just about to enter. A triple combination going from the first single vertical standing at 3'6, to a oxer that was 3'9 with a 3' spread and finally a towering oxer standing 4' tall with a 3' spread. The first jump was flawless and then he saw disaster start to unfold right before his eyes. The first oxer was jumped at an angle and the suddenly Fallen tripped and flipped over crushing Clara underneath her as she rolled over and into the jumped that laid before them. Medics suddenly rushed into the arena when they realized both horse and rider were not getting up.

Once the vet got closer to Fallen she stood up and seemed fine. But Clara was another story. Ashley took off running followed by Aaron and Brit. Ashely reached Clara side first as she saw her begin to loose conscious. Ashely said, "Clara I need you to stay awake."

Aaron reached her side next. He took hold of one of Clara hands and said, "I am so sorry about what happened. Please do not leave me. You are the love of my life." He soon realized she had lost consciousness and the medics loaded her to the ambulance and off to the hospital.

Ashley grabbed AJ arm and said, "Your up soon go get on your horse. I will take care of her."

Aaron looked her in the eye and said, "No, I scratch. I lost her once over this show. I am not losing her for real. I am going to the hospital to be by her bed side when she wakes up." He ran off and grabbed Midnight's reigns from Luke jumped up and went as fast as he could to the barn. He quickly untacked her and when he walked out of the stall he saw his team mates and Ashley standing there.

Ashley said, "Let's go see Clara."

Aaron got in the car and said, "I hope she is okay."

A/N WOW!!! What do you guys think happened to Clara and is she alright. You will find out the rest of the story in the second book. But before I start that one. I am going to go through and add images to edit this book. I hope you all enjoyed this book. Tomorrow one year ago today I uploaded this book and today almost one year later I am finishing it. What a journey we have been on. I hope you stick around and read the next book.

Thank you SSA_Catherine

g;!r0vm