Chapter 14:

Cleo woke up and looked at the clock on her wall; 12:30. "How could I have slept again? And how could I have woke up so late?!" Cleo groaned to herself and looked in the mirror. "My hair looks disgusting!" Cleo walked down the stairs and found a servant. "Good.. afternoon princess." The Servant was dusting some rustic looking Book shelves. "Good afternoon!" Cleo grabbed a warm croissant from the kitchen. Cleo found Mabel fixing up the beds in the other rooms. "Ah! Mabel! Will you tell Leslie I'm going to take a shower? I don't want him to worry about me." Cleo started to walk slower and made her way towards her room. "Of course princess." Mabel smiled as she watched the happy girl skip off.

Cleo got in the nicest shower she's ever been in. She started to sing one of her favorite songs and shampoo her hair. "It's always so nice to be clean." Cleo stepped out of the shower, got dry, and then put on a bright blue ruffled dress. Cleo curled her hair and sat on her bed. "Why hasn't Leslie called me for lunch?" Cleo pondered and then grabbed a schedule that was on an end table. The schedule read; Saturday, no lunch assigned.
"Of course. He's busy today." Cleo decided that she would just skip lunch today.

Suddenly, Leslie opened the door to her room startling Cleo. "Princess!" Leslie said as he almost broke the door. "WHAT??" Cleo started to breath heavier. Why does everyone do that to her? She stood up and watched Leslie pant like he just ran a marathon. "T-there's An intruder!" He coughed on his words. "It could be a witch!" Leslie said, finally catching this breath. "A.. witch?" Cleo's bright eyes almost looked like they were during dark. "Execute them. Now." Cleo didn't even think twice. "Yes princess." Leslie ran out of the room and Cleo could hear his fast footsteps clink on the stairs. "Was I bring to irrational?" Cleo finally cooled down and sighed as she ran down the stairs. "Mabel! Where's Leslie?!" Cleo was in a hurry to try and stop him from killing this 'intruder'.

"He's in the executing room. Third floor, take a right then go down the hallway then take a left and another left and you're there." Cleo nodded unsure she could remember. "Finally!" She walked in right as a masked servant pulled the rope to a Guillotine. Then looking down at the person she saw. Not a witch but instead.. Adam. She held her breath and stretched out her arm. She saw the words form on his lips "Cleo." She screamed. Before his head sliced everything froze. I don't mean the iced kinda froze I mean everything just stopped. "A-Adam." She looked around the room. She saw the dust was frozen in time, she saw Adams petrified face. What could she do? She ran over to his face and lightly held him there. She looked up at the blade about to kill him. "... Adam.. I-I'm sorry... Ill find a way to stop this don't worry darling." Cleo felt the warm tears on her face and her vision went blurry. She stood up, trying to find a way to stop this blade from killing her loved one

Suddenly, everything Unfroze and she looked back and saw Adam's head fall into a basket. She felt her heart sink. Leslie looked over to her. "Princess what are you doing??? You shouldn't have seen this!" Leslie grabbed her arms and shook the shocked girl. "THAT.. WAS... ADAM!" She screamed at him. "Wait... Isn't that your boyfriend?" Leslie looked back at Adam's corpse then back at Cleo. "YES! AND NOW HES DEAD.." She fell to the ground and was shaking so violently. She was sobbing and rocking herself. "I... I'm sorry princess.. I didn't know!" Leslie pleaded. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DIDNT KNOW?!? HE CAME TO THE CASTLE THIS MORNING!!! YOU LET HIM IN!" Cleo's blood curdling scream caused everyone in the castle fear. "I don't know... I'm sorry. I'll repay with my own life." Leslie walked over to the corner of the room which had a case full of swords.

"I'm sorry.. princess." Leslie put a small dagger to his neck and was about to slit his throat, when Cleo walked over and grabbed it from him. "I don't need two deaths in one day." Cleo left the room full of anger and sorrow. She wept and threw everything in her room. She laid on the floor screaming while tears fell to the ground. "A-Adam... please come back." She said to herself silently. She started to control her emotions again and breathed. "I'm sorry that I yelled out you.."She closed her eyes and remembered what Adam used to say to her; No matter what happens, promise to keep fighting. I don't know what I would do if I ever lost someone so close. Cleo stood up with her hair covering her face. "I'll always fight for you Adam."

Cleo sat in front of her window, still crying from the traumatic events that had happened. "What happens now? How will Hazel and Chloe and Brian react? Will they think it's my fault sense his death took place in my castle?" Cleo's eyes were heavy and puffy and she had a headache From the screaming and crying. Cleo felt like ending it all right then and right there, but she couldn't. She knew that she had to keep fighting for Adam. Even if it took all the strength in her body, no matter how hard everything got, she would always keep fighting. She realized that she was extremely hungry and that she had to eat. She asked the cook to bring her two fruit parfaits. Soon enough they got there and she went back to her window seating and kept rewinding Adams death in her mind. "I'm sorry that I didn't get to tell you goodbye, or hug you one last time. I just wish you were still here.

====Doesn't life Just suck====