Handmade

Never have you felt so uneasy in your entire life. 

Just before, you had wanted to find shelter from the burning sun, so you figured inside the Clock Tower would be the best spot, since absolutely zero sunlight gets inside. Determined and relieved that you were soon able to breathe again, you climbed the broad bricks that made up the wall of the Clock Tower, then proceeded up the steps to the two tall, wooden doors. With a grunt, you pushed the doors open and stepped inside, the doors falling closed behind you.  For a moment, you inhaled the cool, silent air, muffled sounds of people chatting and scurrying about coming from outside. But then, a crystal clear sound pierces the silence.

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

Your gaze snapped towards the corner of the room, where a man stood, wide grin on his narrow face. He was just a bit taller than you and wore a silk-like purple attire. His ginger hair was combed neatly, and on his back was a large backpack with various masks hanging from it. You were beyond confused. Had the man been there when you stepped in?
"Cat got your tongue, hun?" The man's smile widened eerily, it sending an unpleasant shiver down your spine.
"Look, I dont know who you are-"
You got interupted midsentence as the doors opened, one of the guards of Clock Town standing in the door opening. "Hey, you! It is forbidden to be in here!" You immediately spat back at the guard. "He was here first!" You pointed at the spot where the man had just been, but to your disbelief, the only thing there was a lone mask propped up against the wall. Completely shocked beyond belief you walked over to the mask and picked it up. There were small letters carved into the inside of the light wood. "Happy Mask Shop, Located in West Clock Town..." You read the carvings out loud. The guard let out a sigh. "The Happy Mask Salesman, I could have known. He is quite the..  Playful figure. Also, you should concider bringing that back to his shop. The man is very passionate about his masks." 

And so your journey continues. After speaking to the guard you took off to West Clock Town, mask in hand. You studied it closely: It was made of a light-weight wood, incedible details carved into it. Half of the mask was painted, so it obviously wasnt done yet. Soon enough, you stood infront of the shop's door. Reaching out to knock, a voice came from inside. "It's open!" You swallow down the creeped chill rattling down your spine, pushing open the door and walking into the guy's shop. It wasnt at all what you expected. The room was brightly colored with masks hanging everywhere. To be honest, it was quite the sight.

"I apologize if I gave you quite the scare back there, heh heh~." The man said in a melodious tone as he came into the room from the back of his shop. "What is your name if I may ask?" He tilted his head to the right, hands wringed together. You gave him a nervous smile and answered. "YourName. And you are?" The Salesman's smile widened once more, though not as unnerving as it had been in the Clock Tower. This time it was a warm smile which quickly cured you from your nervousness. He responded, Telling you his name. You raised you eyebrows. "That's, eh.. Quite a mouthful." The man chuckled. "I know~. Call me The Happy Mask Salesman instead, its how Im known around Clock Town~." You noticed his brown eyes glance down at your hands, his own still impatiently wringing together. "If you dont mind-" He held out his hand towards the mask you were holding. "Oh, Right!" You handed over the mask and watched him inspect every inch of it before smiling and bringing it over to a counter an setting it down there for the time being. A silence grows as he goes up and down his store, replacing several masks. You watch him gracefully hop from shelf to shelf and back, listening to the hums escaping his lips, it forming a smile on your own. After a few minutes of watching, you decided to break the silence. "So, Happy Mask Salesman, About the mask. It is really pretty. Did you make that yourself?" The Salesman came to stand infront of you proudly, nodding. "Why, Yes~. All these masks are either found or handmade~." You let out a drawn out whistle. "You, my good man, have skill and talent right there." The Salesman chuckled once more. "Thank you, [YourName]~.. I will be finishing up the mask right now, as a matter of fact. If you are intrested, You can watch?..~" Your eyes slightly widened. "Oh my god I'd love to! ..B-But, doesnt it need concentration and focus, a-and-" You got cut off by a nonchalant wave of the Salesman's hand. "Oh shush, dear! It would be a crime to send someone like you away~." He took your hand in one, and the unfinished mask in the other, leading you towards the back of the shop where he had been a while ago. "Someone like me?" You quietly repeated. He took you into the room, which was also brightly colored, a green couch against the far back, a small kitchen in the corner and several masks hanging here and there on the wall. "What's so special about me?" You asked, earning a sweet laugh from the man. "Ooh-Hoo-Hoo~. The fact that you returned my mask instead of keeping it as your own. And you look pretty darn good too~." The Salesman gave you a sly wink, smirk plastered to his face. You felt your face heat up a little. "Oh, shut it you." You laughed. You both took place on the couch and the Salesman took out various paints and brushes. "Oh! Before I forget! Do you want something to drink?" He looked at you, awaiting your answer, and you gladly accepted. He nodded and skipped over to the mini fridge, passing you a bottle of milk. You caught it swiftly and opened it. "Thanks!" You took a sip as he came back to sit next to you. You were about to set your bottle down as your head was turned towards the side. The Salesman reached over, one hand cupping your cheek, and wiped away some milk off your lips. Then licked it. Your face turned red and you gasped, slapping his arm. "Oh my god, you're such a tease, Salesman!" He laughs, shaking his head and turning to the mask, picking a brush and dipping it in white paint. "Goddess help me! Your face! You should have seen it!" You pouted, but smiled, moving closer to him as he gracefully went to work. "It's nice having company over for a change..~" He spoke silently, having you rest your head on his shoulder. "It is..~" You replied, shifting your position and went to give him a peck on the cheek. He stopped dead in his tracks and turned his head towards you, resulting you in kissing his lips instead. Your eyes widened and you jerked backwards. The Salesman's lips were formed in an amused smile, a chuckle escaping him. "Why so shocked?~ You were going to kiss me anyway~." You rolled your eyes with a smile and repositioned yourself at his side, watching as he continued.