Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven: B*nding Time with a Bang

Keith's Thoughts, Lance's thoughts

"Why do I feel like I got smacked with the Chrysler Building by Thor?" Lance groaned.

At this, Keith's head immediately turned up.

"Lance, you're awake!" Keith shot out of the chair like a bullet.

"Who are you and what have you done with the Keith that hates me?" 

 Does he really think I hate him? 

"I don't hate you." YEAH BECAUSE I REALLY LIKE YOU AND YOUR STUPID BEAUTIFUL SMILE AND GORGEOUS EYES AND

"Good to know. One less enemy means one more friend." Maybe more...... Not now, but maybe someday.

Both paladins smiled at their own thoughts.

"I'll send a comm to the others so they know you're awake. I-we were all worried about you," Keith said while making his way over to the communications station near the door of the medical bay. 

"What even happened to me? All I remember is going to sleep after getting into it with Shiro and waking up in a lot of pain. Is this a dream? Is this heaven?"Lance asked as he sat up, confused about his current state of being.

"If it was your heaven, why would I be here?" Keith turned around while responding, just in time to see Lance flush fire-truck red. A small smile crept onto his face, lighting up his yellow eyes.

"Nevermind.... I'm pretty sure I'm awake..." ABORT ABORT ABORT

Five thundering pairs of footsteps grew closer and their owners burst through the door.

"Lance!" Shiro and Allura shouted in unison, racing to his side. (Space Parents ftw)

"You're gonna freak when you find out what happened.."

"PIDGE!" The team reprimanded the green paladin.

"What happened? Am I dying? I  got some mutated space disease and I'm gonna die. It was wonderful flying with you. I hope that I go to heaven. I mean, it's kinda hard to think about faith when you're traveling through space and don't even know what day it is but do you ever just start questioning life and the inner workings of the univer-"

"You aren't dying. You're fine, you'll just be a little grossed out like the rest of us," Hunk interjected.

"JUST TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED FOR QUIZNAK'S SAKE!"

"Language, young man!" 

"It might be easier to show you...." Allura rummaged around in a drawer of a nearby cabinet until she found an ornate hand mirror carved with silver flowers. Lance took the looking glass, his eyebrows raising at his appearance.

"Well that's new. But I don't get why I would be grossed out."

"You're Allura's cousin through your father," Pidge explained bluntly. 

"Oh.... WAIT. OHMYGODI'MSOSORRY."

"It is quite alright Lance. Neither one of us knew. Although, if I may, why do you flirt with every female we meet? If you do not feel comfortable answering, that is perfectly alright. However, we are your family. You are allowed to confide in and be vulnerable with us," Allura said, pausing before saying "we are a family, and we will, and always should, love and care for each other no matter what. I admit I have fallen behind in that area and I am ashamed of that shortcoming, but I will try because you-all of you-" she glanced around the room before returning her gaze to Lance "are the only piece of family I have left."

Lance took a deep breath, gathering his courage to say nine simple, yet disruptive words.

"I'm bi and my father left because of it." A weight seemed to lift off of his chest at the same time Keith felt a pang deep in his. He knew what it was like to be shunned for being queer, but not by his father. 

"Lance-" Keith began, but he was quickly cut off by Lance.

"I tried to hide it I tried to repress it but I'm done with doing that I don't want to anymore I'm not going to be afraid anymore no matter what happens and I-" but he too was cut off, this time by Allura.

"I always had trouble with my Uncle Aros, but I didn't even imagine that he would abandon his son... I am sorry you had to go through that," Allura wiped tears from her eyes. "My mother left us when I was very young. She became consumed by darkness and evil. Luckily, my father remarried someone much better: Coran."

"Really?" Lance croaked out, his cobalt blue eyes glistening as Allura took his hands in her own.

"Yes. On Altea, there was no right or wrong way to love. It was simply and purely that. There is nothing wrong with you."

"That's the best response I've ever gotten.." Lance said before diving into her arms, being welcomed by his family whole-heartedly for the very first time. Unfortunately, the moment was turned sour by the crackling of an incoming comm from a Galra ship. Somehow the pilot had hacked into their mainframe. 

"Hello Princess Allura, Regent Coran, Paladins. I come with a proposal for peace. I carry no weapons and come alone. I will be landing in twenty ticks. See you soon." The video feed cut off with static, the entire room silent in shock.

"Who is that?" Pidge broke the silence, attempting to hide her fear through her brash attitude.

Allura snarled before answering, her usually light voice dripping with venom and disgust.

"Prince Lotor."

Yeah.

I just did that. 

Peace out flingos.
Love, Cherry