Hurt

Of course Annabeth knew.

Once, Annabeth and Alisa were close. So close. But it all fell apart when they turned fifteen. And then they rarely talked anymore after Annabeth had became Percy's girlfriend.

Of course Alisa had told Annabeth about her crush.

But it couldn't stop Annabeth from liking the boy she watched grow up beside her.

Grover had tried to cheer her up ever since then all the way till now. So did Nico at times, because they both understood. They both understood too well.

Alisa couldn't help but be so happy to find out Nico had finally got together with Will Solace, even though he had less time for her now.

Percy, of course, tries to talk to her, or hang out with her like they used to. But it never feels the same as before he had started dating Annabeth.

"Lisa!" Speaking of the devil, he had snapped his fingers in front of her face.

They were at their university's pool. Alisa had been standing stiff, her uniform still on.

Percy had stripped his off to only his swim wear.

"I'm not feeling well, maybe some other day Perce." Alisa waved weakly and smiled a little.

"What? You were fine just a minute ago! Come on, Von Dermount. You chickening out?"

Alisa stayed quiet. He looked at her worryingly, pushing himself out of the water. Slowly walking towards her, she looked away sadly before looking back again.

"I think we should stop doing this, Percy. It's for the best. I'll see you at camp." She whispered before scrambling away, leaving Percy clueless.

"You're an idiot, Percy." Annabeth, who had been eavesdropping, appeared behind the back door.

"Annabeth? What?"

She sighed.

"Do you really want to know why she said that?"

Percy raised his eyebrows.

"Why?"

"Because-"