1

"I hate the water so much."

I glared at Fox as he slid into the pool, my eyes narrowing as I flicked some water at his face. His muscles glistened under the sun, making it hard for me to keep my eyes on his face and not ogle him.

He laughed at me and flicked my nose.

"So," he began, "Mind telling me why I'm here?"

I nodded, "I wanted to ask you some things."

"Ooh, I'm not in trouble, am I Maddragon?" He teased, his lips curving up into a grin as he looked at me. I rolled my eyes at him, but found my own lips curving up into a small smile at the sight of his cute dimple.

"So tell me, Fox, why did you ignore me for so many years after our parents died?"

I saw him visibly flinch at my bluntness, a flash of guilt passing through his forest green eyes. He took my hand in his and intertwined our fingers, kissing my knuckles as a thoughtful expression passed over his handsome features. We began swimming to the end of the pool, our pace slower than usual.

"I needed some space to grieve. It wasn't easy for both of us, I know. But I just...I don't know, I felt like if I ignored you, I could ignore all the problems I had at the time, too. I know it sounds stupid, but somehow it made sense to me at the time."

I nodded slowly at him, remembering a similar theory of mine a while ago.

"Why did you start talking to me all of a sudden, then?" I asked as we came to the end of the pool.

He exhaled audibly through his mouth, leaning against the wall for support. "I know this will sound weird, but I've always liked you, Madeline. But when our parents died, I just kind of felt...disconnected to everyone. I wanted to forget everything related to my old life, and I tried to ignore you, but you were still always there in my mind. When I started appearing as DS, I had a way to be in your life again without you hating my guts. So I took what I could find, and tried to get closer to you even when I was Fox." He squeezed my hand and gave me a small smile.

I nodded again, and opened my mouth to ask something else when he held up a finger to silence me.

"My turn now, Maddragon. So..I heard you used to have a crush on Damian?" He asked as he moved closer to me.

I nodded, and he clenched his jaw at my action. I smirked at his clear jealousy and decided to tease him further. "Yeah, he was good looking, hot, and athletic. Who wouldn't have a crush on him?"

He rolled his eyes and puffed out his cheeks, like a small child having a fit at not getting what he wants. He pulled away his hand from mine and huffed, crossing his arms over his broad chest. "I didn't ask that."

"Oh, come on. Don't be like that, Fox," I cooed as I wrapped my arms around his torso and placed a kiss on his cheek.

He rolled his eyes. "So like I was saying... How did you suddenly start liking me as Dark Static then?"

I subconsciously drew random shapes on his bare chest with my finger as I pondered the question. "I don't know," I replied truthfully. "Having a crush on Damian was like having a crush on a celebrity - you know they're good looking and all, but your chances of being with them are negligible. But with DS, I felt a connection I hadn't ever felt before. It was like I was always waiting for the night time so I could meet him. But you know, at one point I thought Damian was DS."

"Really?" He asked in disbelief.

I nodded. "The initials matched and everything. Also, when I told DS to go and confront the girl he liked, I got a message from Damian. So I thought it fit the puzzle perfectly."

"Would you...would you choose Damian over me if you had the choice?"

"Not really."

My words brought a huge smile on his face, and he snaked his arms around my waist as he nuzzled his nose with mine. My arms automatically shifted from his torso to his neck, playing with his hair. "Glad to hear that." He whispered.

"Of course you are." I laughed lightly.

"So I have one more question for you. It's only fair because you asked me two questions as well, right?" He asked as he placed ran his fingers along the curve of my cheek, his grass green eyes softening at the sight of my stitches.

"Shoot," I said, the proximity between us clouding my mind and not allowing me to think properly. He was close. So close.

"As you know, we've kissed a few times," he began, "We've also been through quite a lot."

"Hmm?" I prodded.

"We've fought Robert Linden and we've had many fights and we've seen each other at our worst and-"

"Can you just get to the point?!" I snapped. He was rambling now.

"Willyoubemygirlfriend?" He rushed out quickly, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. I was quite surprised at this, if I'm being honest. Fox wasn't the kind of person to get uncomfortable. Much like Arielle, he had an aura of confidence surrounding him at most times. It was quite rare to see him so flustered.

"I didn't hear that. Pardon?" I asked. I did hear that, but I just wanted to mess with him.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked slowly, his eyes scanning my face for any signs as to what my answer could be. I grinned.

"Of course."

His grin matched mine as he leaned down to kiss me. His arms tightened around my waist as I softly tugged at his hair, and I continued to kiss him like there was no tomorrow. And the best part? He kissed me back the same way. A minute later, he pulled away and pecked my nose, resting his forehead against mine.

"Looks like coming into the water was worth it, huh?" I teased.

His eyes softened as he stared at me the way every girl wants to be stared at. His hands were still cupping my cheeks, his thumbs running across my cheekbones in slow but gentle strokes.

"Definitely," he replied as he leaned in to kiss me again.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[Dedicated to @joecool123]

This was my first one shot entry for another story ever! Hope you liked it and hope it was okay =p