In the Name of Love

Danielle P.O.V.

105,020 dead

342,857 injured

2,485,789 alive

"I don't like these odds." I said reading the report that changed by the second. All these people, fighting, killing.....It's music to my ears.

Ally went out for her morning raid upstate and should be back in a few hours, I wondered how many blackbirds she found, killed. Based on the report, we have the upper hand, they're suffering more casualties than us of course. However Big Daddy has been working his ass off planning raids and dealing with the families of the dead. But, something is fishy.

Ever since we put Austin in the torture chamber, we haven't collected any valuable info. Plus, the boys have been getting really distant lately, probably just scared for their well-being. I mean who wants to be part of a gang war? Speaking of Austin, I think it's time I paid him a visit.

I validated the report and made my way downstairs. The house has been quiet lately, Kathryn helping Bid Daddy with his business and reports, and Caitlin holding down the fort in case we were under attack, but fortunately, the enemy doesn't know our position. If you're wondering what I'm doing today, well I'm handling the torture chamber of course!

I walked to the basement and unlocked the variety of locks that surrounded the door, a steel, sound proof door. Upon entering I looked at my handiwork, array of dead bodies of worthless blackbirds in the corner(something I have to burn later) cells with men with missing body parts, eyes, fingers, tongues, and many....Explicit body parts. Ahead, I smiled, the man of my dreams, on a metal table, bleeding from head to toe, how beautiful!

"Good morning!" I said standing beside him looking down at his frail, malnourished form. " Oh! That's right! You cant talk with your mouth sewn!" I laughed taking a knife, slowly, and painfully, cutting the stitches out of this mouth.

He coughed a few times. " There's no point, just kill me. I'm not going to give you any answers." He said looking at me with the eyes I once loved. Once...

"Listen, you better tell me where your hideout is so we can get this fucking war over with. I'm already stressing out  and it doesn't help that you're being a bitch." I said pulling out the appropriate hammer to smash his finger joints with.

"You know what's funny? Even when you're torturing me to death, I still love you." He said smiling at me.

"If you loved me, you wouldn't be in this situation right now. You're a lying piece of shit who doesn't deserve my time." I said planning my words carefully. No one has told me they loved me before, maybe

Big Daddy, but not even my sisters, we believe love is a myth, a joke.

"If you knew the reason behind the blackbirds, you would realize the real motive IS love." He said staring at the hammer positioning itself over his thumb.

"WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN?!" I asked slamming the hammer down hearing his cry of pain. "WHY WON'T YOU TELL ME SO I CAN STOP THIS?!" I asked throwing the hammer on the ground.  I don't understand, love? What?Wh-

"What the blackbirds want has been under your nose the whole time....The answer is-" 

Boom

What?

Austin?

I looked down to see the lifeless body of my past boyfriend with a gunshot through his head. Looking up I saw-

"Luke?" I asked shaking. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING DOWN HERE THIS PLACE IS OFF LIMITS!" I shouted looking the blonde boy dead in the eyes.

"I'm sorry." He said before a blindfold was wrapped over my eyes. I tried to scream but I my mouth was filled with what seemed to be a sock. My struggling was futile being that there was more than one person tying me down. The voices were muffled, but familiar. And then, it clicked.