{1}

The loud ringing of a doorbell broke Severus from his harmonious state, thundering across his flat like the roar of a dragon. A near growl escaped the base of his voice, alarming even his own mind at how low he'd reached. The disturbance was no less than annoying, but that early in the morning?! Then again... he was already up.

A quick glance at the dress robes that had plagued the chair he was in made Severus' snarl enhance. He ignored the now ruffled package of robes and took to the stairs in his flat, coming to the door with a severe look of complacency.

Another knock came before Severus rolled his eyes and tugged the door open.

Two faces, both familiar and dare he mention friendly. They were closely scrunched into his doorway, leaning closer to one another than Severus was comfortable with.

"How long have you been up? Honestly, last night gave me the ruddiest headache... but no time to worry about that. Harry, go find his dress robes! We have a wedding!" Draco said nearly all at once, hurriedly pushing through Severus who stood flabbergasted.

What wedding? As far as he knew, there were no bondings happening that day, especially none he was invited to.

"Whose wedding? And what prophecy has the two of you imbeciles cordial?" Severus hissed as bags that seemed to materialize from nowhere dumped onto one of his pristine counters.

All movement ceased when Draco heard him, however. His questioning grey eyes stared far into the depths of the potions master's own black orbs, incredulity prominent for the younger.

"Severus... we didn't drink that much. Hell, you started off with butter-beer of all things," Draco couldn't seem to resist the tease that only made Severus question his intent more.

He hadn't been out with Draco last night. Nor any night popped into his mind where Severus accompanied the bloke to a place where drinks were served and merriment was to be had.

"Even I drank, and we all know I don't do that," Potter admitted suddenly, looking at Draco with a smirk.

The blond felt the need to reply with his own, however, "Mhm, but it made you dreadfully flirtatious, and I like that side of you."

Being that they were behind one of his counters, he didn't see Draco thread a finger through one of Potter's belt loops and pull him close, but he did see the end result. His own God-son bloody well slammed his lips onto wonder boy's. Severus could have thrown up if he wasn't more concerned with the fact that apparently his memory was failing him.

"Potter, step away from Mr. Malfoy," Severus sneered with an urgency that caused Draco to peer past his snogging-partner and look worriedly.

"Are you alright? You've been looking forward to this practically since you asked her to marry you, and now suddenly you can't remember your own stag-do?"

If he'd wanted to faint before, now would have been a good a time as ever. He was the poor bloke getting bonded? What in the sodding hell made him agree to such a thing? Or ask for that matter? He didn't quite remember allowing himself to be a part of a union, but he didn't think Draco and Harry would come parading in here for a jest. Surely they weren't that cruel. Besides, Severus knew that those two would never get along like that if that had truly been the last he remembered.

"What year is it?" He questioned impatiently.

Draco seemed to catch on as Harry held fast to his waist, but the blond pushed past his partner and saw the unrest in Snape's eyes. The black betrayed him a lot, Severus noticed, especially when those around him peered deeply into his eyes and searched for a want. It hadn't been until after the war, though, when he'd allowed himself to stop hardening his emotions, to stop all such annoying nuances that he'd had to keep up in order to play spy. Once he'd let the walls fall... really fall and crumble to the ground, he'd been an open book if one looked into his face even remotely. It had been three years since the war, and if he got a different answer than two-thousand-and-one, Severus would be highly concerned.