Chapter 4| Creatures Of The Night

Chapter Four:
Creatures Of The Night

~Natalie

I regretted my words as soon as they left my lips. I was standing in front of a vampire, a King, and I just insulted him. He could kill me in an instant and not think twice, I had nothing to protect myself with.

I gulped as I forced my head up to look into his eyes. They had turned a different shade of blue, they were bright and a little bit of red. He tilted his head to the side as he brought his hand up to my face. I didn't want to anger him more than I had so I stayed still.

"You have an attitude, human." he said, his fingers caressing my cheek and moving down to my neck. I was breathing heavily, my heart was beating fast. He could hear it, he pressed his finger on the vein in my neck and a soft gasp escaped my lips.

I didn't dare speak.

The veins under his eyes became visible against his porcelain skin and he showed his fangs at me in a threatening away before grabbing my hair roughly and pulling me closer to him. My neck was arched painfully as he forced me to look at him. He looked like a true monster now. Deadly and thirsty for blood. "Don't test me. I can easily snap for neck." he warned me.

I clenched my fists, keeping my hands by my sides and licked my lips before speaking. I remembered Cynthia's words. I was important to him. "You can't kill me." I told him.

He raised an eyebrow at me and groaned, pushing me against the wall...hard. He was stronger than the other two vampires and this time I could really feel the pain. I gritted my teeth as he was still gripping my hair in a painful way. His other hand came to rest on the wall, next to my head, and he brought his face closer to me. Our noses were almost touching and from this distance I could see every single detail of his eyes. They still had that bright blue colour with specks of red, which I didn't know what it meant. I had read in books that vampire's eyes could change colour with their emotions. Was it anger he was feeling? Or hunger?

"I think you don't know what I'm capable of, human. You think you have a value? You are just a slave to me." he snapped at me.

He was lying. He was only trying to scare me into obedience. I was important to him, if he killed me he wouldn't be able to drink from my blood...he would lose the chance of becoming more powerful. The rules were clear; one virgin a year. Kings were selfish, he wouldn't risk losing his chance.

"You need my blood. It gives you power. So I think I am valuable, my lord." I replied confidently.

He smirked at me as if he was amused by what I was saying.

"I have to admit, you seem to be quite informed and smart. But that mouth of your will get you into trouble. You are not important. In fact you are just another helpless human, and if I want to drink for you I will. With your permition or without. I can compel you to do anything I want you to." he said in a dangerously low voice. He came closer, his face coming down where my neck and shoulder met. "I can make you give me your blood willingly." he whispered and I felt him lick my neck. I stiffened, trying to move away. "I can make you kiss me..." he continued. "Or even better, I can fuck you and compel you to love every single bit of it."

My eyes widened, I felt sick at his words and I didn't hide my disgust at him. "You're a monster." I told him.

He finally let go of me and took a step back, shaking his head. "No, human. I am a vampire. And a hungry one for that matter."

He bared his fangs at me, hissing and I flinch because deep down I was terrified of him. He was thirsty for blood and my behaviour had triggered his anger and intensified that need. I pressed my lips together as his eyes moved to the exposed skin of my neck and cleveage.