Chapter 7

"Rose wake up" a voice said shaking me slightly. I groaned and opened my eyes to see newt smiling at me. "We're here"

I nodded and lifted my head up to look at the dark looking island we have landed on. I shivered when the wind blew past me. You could almost hear the wind warning us to leave.

"We should find a safe place to sleep for the night" rufio said stepping out of the forest he was just in.

"Why'd he go into the scary forest alone for?" I asked newt.

"I'm right here you know!" Rufio exclaimed.

"He needed the toilet" newt answered my question then turned to rufio "setting up camp for the night sounds like a good idea"

Rufio nodded " both of you get out of the boat and follow me to the hideout"

"Hideout?" I questioned while jumping out of the boat.

"Well I wasn't going to sleep out in the open when I first got here" he replied while picking up his backpack. "Come on"

"I better get some well needed sleep" newt muttered whilst following behind him.

I quickly looked at the dark looking forest again then followed after them. "Ditto"

*

"So this is the hideout" rufio exclaimed while basically showing us a hole in the ground. "What do you think?"

I opened my mouth to say a sarcastic quote but newt spoke "it's perfect" Rufio smiled and jumped into the small fox-like hole. I turned to newt. "What?" He questioned

"It's perfect" I mimicked.

He rolled his eyes "well its only for the night and it will keep us hidden from the creatures on this island" he said and walked away and into the hole. I groaned and walked into the small hole. Surprisingly it wasn't so small on the inside and it was like a human sized underground den.

There were wooden chests against one wall and some wonky looking shelfs above them. On the shelves had weird and scary looking objects on them.

I then turned to the other side. There looked to be a built in bed at the corner of the room along with another small chest but this one was black and had a lock on it.

"I guess you've been on this island a lot more then I thought" I said to Rufio.

He shrugged "i practically lived on this island once"

"So how is this going to work out?" Newt asked whilst placing his bag on the floor.

"Rose gets the bed and we will sleep in the sleeping bags I packed in our backpacks" rufio replied

"Sounds good to me" I shrugged and jumped into the bed.

"How does rose get the bed?" Newt complained.

"Because this is my den and I decided who sleeps where and I'm a gentleman so I let the lady sleep in the bed" rufio said back while glaring at newt.

"Can you both shut up. I'm trying to sleep" I said while rolling on my other side.

"Girls" they both groaned at the same time.

I rolled back over and glared at them. "What is that supposed to mean!" I snapped.

"Nothing rose just shut up and go to sleep" newt replied whilst rolling out his sleeping bag

"No newt tell me what you mean by that! Do you think that girls are just lazy pigs that flick their hair to get what we want! No we're not! So do me a favour and go-"

"Shh" rufio said while keeping a firm grip on my mouth with his hand.

There was a clip clopping outside. I quickly quieted down and looked straight back at rufio. "Your fluent in Latin right?" I nodded against his hand. "Translate what they say but be quiet" He then removed his hand from my face.

Newt then walked over to my side and sat on the bed. The clip clopping started again "Sunt prope. Hic venit ex screeching in circuitu" a deep voice said

"What did they say?" Newt asked

"They're close. The screeching came from round here" I gave an insulted face.

"You were screeching though" rufio whispered back. I just rolled my eyes at him. They're was a roar. I quickly jumped while grabbing onto newts arm. "He's signaling the rest of the group"

"area ad quaerere"

"Search the area" i whispered while holding tighter onto newts arm. Rufio quietly walked closer to the hole. The clip clopping was getting closer.

Rufio picked up a small pebble from the ground. "What are you doing" newt hissed.

Rufio just smirked at him and quickly stuck his head out of the hole. He quickly launched the pebble out of the hole. The pebble bashed against something making a huge noise. He then jumped back into the hole.

"Vos potest audire. Qui sequimini sanis!" The creature shouted. Then a bunch of clip clopping happened.

"What did he say" newt asked as soon as it was quiet.

"Can you hear that. Follow that sound. And then they ran away. What were they?" I asked rufio

"Satyrs" he replied. "Now both of you shut up and go to sleep. It was your squawking that got them here in the first place" he pointed at me.I sent a glare his way which he gladly returned.

"Satyrs? As in the half horse half man creatures?" Newt asked.

Rufio nodded "yes now sleep" he said while pulling his sleeping bag up his body.

"Don't have to tell me twice" I replied, turning over to face the wall. I groaned "newt stop looking at me and go to your sleeping bag"

"How did you know I was looking at you?" He questioned.

"Newt this is the third time I'm telling you to go to sleep. Next time I'll just kick you out the den and let the satyrs roast you alive. Now sleep" rufio snapped quietly.

Newt groaned but complied. "Night shanks" I said sleepily.

"Night" rufio and newt said at the same time. Then darkness consumed me.