chapter six

6 | rebirth
my old flesh and bones.

    "With these stitches, the wound should heal in a few weeks

"With these stitches, the wound should heal in a few weeks." The woman told her as she finished putting her first aid and other supplies away in her bag

    "Thank you," Genevieve replied

    The doctor gathered her things, giving a brief good-bye, quickly exiting the apartment. Genevieve shook her head disappointingly at Celeste.

    "Celeste, you can't keep doing this, it's wrong."

Celeste turned her head towards Genevieve. "It's a full moon tomorrow, the spell will executed then." She spoke rising up from the couch

"I can't even imagine what she is going to say, how she going react when the poor girl wakes up."

"It doesn't matter what or how she is going to feel. She was a means to an end. You should be thanking me, I rid the city of vampires, matter of fact the world even."

Celeste could see the disappointment in Genevieve eyes, as the words flew out of her mouth. She became so tunnel visioned that she didn't even realize how psychologically she was damaging a fellow young witch's mind.

"You should care, she's one of ours," Genevieve spat as she grabbed her coat, "I'll gather everyone when it's time." She then disappeared out of Celeste's apartment, leaving her with the words that slipped from her mouth to ruminate in her mind.

☩ ☩ ☩

"Are you ready to get started?" The witch Bastianna asked Celeste

    "Yes." Celeste responded

    She laid back onto the cold stone table, that was right next to a wooden casket, inside were her remains submerged in water, all covered by a thin linen sheet. She closed her eyes and let her mind go free.

"Puisse cette âme revenir à son corps, Puisse-t-elle se relever, se relever, se relever." Bastianna repeated the enchantment, placing her hands over Celeste's remains

    Soon Celeste's find mind fell into a deep slumber, pieces of her spirit slipping away from Sabine's body, into her own bones. Celeste's remains began to form again, cells rejunivating themselves, hair, blood and bones began to grow, as Sabine started to regain consciousness. Celeste's body shot up, water splashing onto the floor and the linen sheet flew down. Celeste inhaled, taking her first breath of air in her lungs. She examined her fingers and arms, it's been a century since she had been her own body.

    "Did it work?" Genevieve asked coming towards Celeste with a towel

    Before Celeste could respond Sabine shot up, inhaling deeply. Her eyes wild, and pivoting her head back and forth. She clutched the area of her stomach were Celeste was wounded.

    "What's happening, where am I?!" Sabine asked her voice high pitched and almost shrill

    "You three help her please," Genevieve ordered three witches that were in the room with them, "Here." She passed the towel to Celeste

    She accepted it, standing up wrapping it around her body. She watched as the three witches ushered Sabine out of the room, consoling her.

"How does it feel?" Genevieve inquired

Celeste pursed her lips, clutching the towel closer to her body. She honestly didn't know how to feel. All this time spent plotting and waiting for this one moment. It came but all she felt was a paradox of emptiness and fullness, to sum everything up, she was confused.

    "I'm fine." Celeste lied

    "Let's get you into some warm clothes." Genevieve smiled

    Genevieve then helped Celeste out of the wooden casket and out of the room, guiding her towards a small bedroom.

    "Bastianna said it was alright for you, for us to stay here." Genevieve opened the door into a small bedroom

    The walls of the room were cream colored, the drapes and bedspread were both a navy blue. Across from the bed was a mirror and dresser set. There was underwear, a pair of jeans and a simple blouse lying on the bed.

    "Could you give me a minute."

   "Oh, yes of course! I'll be downstairs if you need me."

   Celeste quickly grabbed the clothes heading towards the bathroom. She shut the door. As she slipped on the clothes she realized what was going to happen in the future. Her true destiny didn't have anything thing to do with love or revenge, it was guiding her people, to protect them. A leader was needed and she was going to be one.