Chapter Ten

Hello, everyone who is still interested in reading this story. I am very sincerely sorry about the long wait.

But I am absolutely overjoyed that you decide to proceed & encouraging me with the comments.

And for the time being side I had officially updated, I am proud to say that my writing skills have enhanced greatly.

So I hope you enjoy.
______________________________________

Silence seemed like the Black Plague right now.

The long hallways of the mansion seemed deathly quiet. The old painting on the wall were lightly powdered with dust, their timeless painted parchment curling a little as the closed giant window on the balcony. The window was draped with a silk colored crimson fabric.

The only sound in the hallways were the foot steps of mine & the girl's footsteps.

Silence seemed to fill the air as we stopped in front of the dark wooden mahogany doors of my mate's Alpha office. I took in a deep breath, steadily but nervous as hell. Various questions flew around in my mind;

"How will he act when he sees us?"

"Will he be angry, overjoyed, shocked?"

My poor heart ached as in sorrow as I expected the worse. I shoved the heavy doors open, my green gaze widened as they took in the sight before me. My mate held a silver dagger in his hand, three inches from his chest where his heart was located. My voice let out a cry of panic, distress, and shock.

"No, Ryder! Stop!"

Ryder's position and body seemed to stiffen at the sound of my voice. His beautiful eyes looking into mine, they held love, shock, and happiness. Hot tears fell down my cheeks in happiness, but sadness that he would try to take his life. Spencer whimpered loudly inside me.

Me & Ryder quickly rushed at each other, embracing each other. I cried on his shoulder as he did as well. My heart fluttered at his touch, feeling sparks erupt on my now warm skin. I hiccupped as I cried heavily, sniffling like a toddler.

Hot tears blurred my vision, but I could tell that the room was trashed from Ryder's rage. I lifted my gaze up to meet Ryder's, he looked back at me with love, happiness, and compassion. I am sure my eyes reflected the same feelings.

"Ryder." I sniffled meekly, the last of my tears leaving from my now pink tearstained cheeks.

"Blaze." Ryder said, his voice cracking at the end as tears wield in his eyes.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too, Ryder." I responded and embraced my mate in a long passionate slow kiss. 
______________________________________

I am greatly sorry it is so short, but its the best I could muster up for now. I was so excited for you guys to finally read another chapter again.

Until next time, American_Geek3 over and out...