{Chapter 14}

Moral: "We can always do things the cheap way, the simple way for the short-term and without regard for the future. Or we can make the extra effort, do the hard work, absorb the criticism and make decisions that will bring a better future." ~Mike Rounds

At the Eclipse Ray Territory, Lyric was with three Pack pups - Kaitlynn, Ella and Julia telling stories to entertain their bored minds. Lyric loved writing and hence using her imagination to create the most absurd and beautiful fairytales were not all a problem.

This was when Lyric's liking for children and motherliness as a female were revealed in her personality. A main reason is because Lyric thought that everyone should have a happy childhood. That was the foundation of their entire life.

"They lived happily ever after. The End," Lyric ushered the pups to sleep. All three female pups were persistent to have the story-telling session in Lyric's room. Hence they were now snuggled safely in her warm blanket. Lyric inwardly smiled at the scene somehow keeping her face passive.

Soon enough, their soft snores were the only sound echoing throughout the room. Lyric ensured they were tucked in properly and sat at the open window. Her black wavy locks framed her face as she leaned against the window. The gentle breezes caressing her cheek.

* * * * * * * * * *

Chase was at the park, accompanied by Sarina, the Alpha's youngest daughter of the Blue Moon Pack. Chase and Sarina were the best of friends ever since childhood. Their friendship began when they became seatmates in a nearby werewolf kindergarten.

Many revered Sarina like a goddess. For she was extremely beautiful with her auburn braid and friendly green eyes. She has all the perfect curves which caused many she-wolves to envy her. She was treated like a diamond by all who knew her. The duo thoroughly enjoy relaxing with each other. They simply sat and talked about anything and everything.

"Well, y'know in two days is the tenth of August," she grinned excitedly, handing him a well-decorated envelope with the Blue Moon crest, adorning it. "I'm gonna be twenty!" she squealed joyously. Chase smiled at her and read the invitation, "I'm definitely going to be there."

"Alpha Derek Smith of Blue Moon Pack invites all members of the Eclipse Ray Pack to attend the 20th birthday party of his beloved daughter, Sarina Smith on 10th August. This event shall be held at the Blue Hall at 6:00pm sharp. Your presence shall be highly appreciated. Thank you"

"Also Sarina, I have to tell you something..." he bit his lip, looking down, "I met my mate." The smile suddenly melted from her face, "Oh, congratulations..." The thick tension was clearly present. "Yeah..." he confirmed, trailing off.

"What's her name?" Sarina asked softly. "Lyric," Chase responded. "Lovely name," she dryly complimented, "what Pack?" "She's a Rogue...I don't know her Pack yet..." Chase rubbed the back of his neck.

"So you're going to reject her?" Hopefulness was evident in her tone. Chase began rubbing his temples as he explained to her the circumstances under which they met and what their relationship with each other is like now.

Sarina's eyebrows were creased and she sighed, "Good luck with your Mate, Chase." A single tear rolled down her cheek. "Sarina...please..." he croaked but she wiped it soon after and rose, "It's getting quite late. I'll be heading home. Take care. See you at the party."

Chase's heart dropped slightly. This girl was his first friend, his comfort and his support growing up. Now, she was in tears because of him. 'Why am I like this? I hate being a fucking Alpha.' he seethed to himself, kicking the dirt angrily as he walked off.

Upon reaching his Territory, Chase went to his parents. Their bond was unbreakable and intensely admirable. His parents were the ones who brought him into this world, raised him, supported him, motivated him and loved him. In return, he made them very proud. An Alpha doesn't always have to be muscular, confident and cold. He can hold his own personality traits but this was something Chase denied.

He knocked once on his parents' bedroom door and heard his mother's warm, "Come in." "How was your day?" his father questioned. "I thought it would've gone better," he admitted with a sigh. His parents exchanged worried glances, "What happened?" Chase replied softly, playing with his fingers, "I told Sarina about Lyric..."

"Oh dear," his mother planted a kiss on his forehead, "Sunshine, she'd obviously be a little hurt at first but she too has a Mate out there who would love her. Trust me, soon everything will be normal between you both."Chase still was unable to shake his guilt, "Mom, she's my best friend. I hurt her."

He exited the room, focusing on the approaching night. He had to began preparations. He was assisted by Felix and Felicity. The twins were ecstatic in aiding their future Leaders bond. Felix and Felicity were actually the pranksters of the Eclipsers in spite of their introverted natures.

After an hour of the preparations of the Pack Garden, Chase profusely thanked the twins. To which Felix replied, "Please use condoms. I wouldn't enjoy the thought of relaxing where the Pack Heir was conceived." Chase blushed a deep red and the two giggling teenagers scurried off.

Chase was quite nervous to ask Lyric for her accompaniment to the garden. With every footstep, it seemed as though his hands were more clammy and his throat was more dry. He mentally practiced the precise words but he even mentally stuttered and mixed the order. He did not want to mess this up.

Chase shyly knocked on the door once, waited a few minutes and knocked again. He sighed and twisted the handle of the unlocked room. He bit his lip and entered, looking at the sleeping pups and Lyric comfortably asleep on the window seating.

He walked up to her and brushed some wild strands of hair away from her eyes. Lyric, being the light sleeper she was, instantly stirred and gripped Chase's fingers, almost breaking them. As her sleepy eyes adjusted to the brightness, she groaned, "Good job at giving me a fucking heart-attack."

"Oh, well, I.. um," was the stunned Chase's response. Lyric held onto his hand and dragged him out of the room to ensure the pups would not be awaken. The touch seemed to electrify Chase who just turned red. Then, she whisper-yelled many profanities toward him. Yet, he found her adorable in her long blue silk dress and half-awake.

With growing confidence, he silenced her and tightened his grip on her hand, "I know I'm an ass. Say whatever you want. I wanna make it up to you though." That sentence seemed to snap Lyric wide awake while she suspiciously eyed him, "Make it up to me?"

He smirked and led her through the Pack Mansion toward the garden gate. The minority of the Pack were awake but convinced themselves that they were dreaming when they saw their future Alpha, walking hand-in-hand with the Shadow Rogue. Yet, they took the hint to give them privacy.

As they stepped outside, Chase stood behind Lyric who completely didn't agree at that action. He ignored her protests and placed one hand over her eyes while the other held her arm to balance her as he guided her toward the gates.

"I swear I think you're gonna kill me," she blurted out. Chase chuckled and removed his hands, gesturing toward the decorated garden in front of them. Lyric gasped softly. Her mouth formed an 'O' shape. She gave him an incredulous look.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Argh, what's Sarina's relationship with Chase? And what did Chase plan for Lyric?

I hate cliff hangers too xD But I have no readers ;_; I honestly think my writing skills are going downhill. Someone help me XD 

-Nightthinker ©||2017