Breathe

"A heart ache isn't what I want, nor what you're going to give me. You say you're a player. Heartbreaker. But am I the one crying over a girl?" The only girl I ever loved spat.

     Tears cascaded down my cheeks and onto my lap as she left me in the bedroom, heart aching. It felt like the roof was closing down and the walls were getting closer. Like just one slam of the door felt like an earthquake.

      A warm hand made its way to mine in my lap. I looked up, eyes puffy and red. There sat the Blondie. Well, Sabby as I usually called him.

     "Hey. I was looking for you. Didn't tell me you ran off with a girl. Ella, you okay?" Sabby asked, giving my hand a squeeze.

      "I don't want to talk about it. Just can you take me home?" I asked, my voice shaking.

      He only nodded, before picking me up bridal style. He shoved past people dancing on the stairs at the house party. The music blasted and the smell of alcohol flooded my nostrils.

      Sabby made his way out and to his borrowed minivan. He obviously used his parent's car. He opened the passenger door and set me in, closing this door, once I was settled.

       He went in the driver side, sitting down and closing the door. He placed his hands on the steering wheel, but didn't start the car.

       "You know I'm getting real tired of random guys and girls taking advantage of you. Well, you hooking up. It's obvious I like you, yet you dismiss it. Is this some sick game?" Sabby said, after an excruciating moment of silence.

       "I've never gotten past kissing idiot. I don't dismiss it. I just want to protect you from me. I've hurt more people than I can count, not even on purpose. I'm a horrible person. You deserve better. Don't waste your time on me, dammit." I spat, rubbing my temples.

        Sabby just nodded, but I knew he would still try. I was shocked when he used his fingertips to turn my head to him, only to be greeted by his lips. We shared a sweet kiss, until he pulled away.

        "You know I do whatever the hell I want. I want to waste my time on you. I don't see it any other way." He whispered. "Now breathe and let your heart fall madly in love with me."

        At that moment the blonde had broke me down as I giggled uncontrollably and turned away, burying my face into my hands. He won. Dammit. Now he had me on a leash.

       "Now. Be my girlfriend. Forget about all the other people you hurt or who hurt you. I'll fix those holes." He said, softly.

      "Y-yeah, ya dork..." I mumbled. "I'll breathe you. Your my boyfriend." I said, softly.