5: The Mating Dance

Hey..... another post not my favorite chapter but it a filler and  will most likely be rewriten....I hope you enjoy..... will work on  editiing soon...Much love lalabean<3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(POV Nikko)

“Just Breath,” I chanted in my head as I walked around pool.  I gazed into the deep blue water hoping to loose myself in its beauty.  I was bursting  at the seams  with unanswered question and random thoughts, I felt so overwhelmed.  I just need a few moments for quiet to ease my nerves.

“Hey, Boo bear.  I been looking everywhere for you.  Are you ok?”  Zurie said as walked over to me and wrapped her arms around my waist.

I leaned into her warm embraces and quietly said, “Yea.”

“Nikko, what is wrong?  I hear the tone of your voice, I know when something is on your mind. Not to mention your standing outside by yourself.” She gave me a little tug.

“I’m worried Zurie.  After everything that happened today, people collapsing like dead flies.  Two people are dead, my mom is in the hands of a Demon and my dad is in a coma.” I said with a dramatic loud sigh.

Her arms slide down my sides as one her hands laced with mine. She tugged me to a nearby lounge chair and she pushed me down on it, and then settled herself in my lap. “Let’s talk since you left before you heard everything.”

My head sagged slightly as I whispered softly, “Sorry … I just need to get out of there. I needed some air.”

“Hey, Stop before I zap you and give you boobs.” She teased.

A small grin tugged at corner of my mouth, “you’re such a brat. So what happened after I walked out?”

“Well, Gabe called home and to see what happened.  Well I guess when Loki teleported them to the pack house, his father panicked and went searching for them.  Things got so crazy here no one thought to call his people.  So his  father  sent out  a few search parties to check things out but after everyone went out on the search they received a tip. There was no one left to send out so he went to check out the lead, but he didn’t go alone his brother went with him. It was a trap, they were ambushed by  a bunch of rogues and killed.”

“How did they find out it was an ambush.” I asked.

“Talon, he saw it in a vision.” She said.

“So what is going to happen now?” I asked.

“Well, Gabe, Alexis, Adrian and Loki are going to get your dad.  Gabe is going to talk to his people and he will announce his claim officially. They will be back in a day or so because he has handle things with his clan first. He said it shouldn’t take more than two days, because he is going to leave his second in command behind. Gabe feels that things here are a priority because it’s affecting everyone.”

“Sounds like that is a wise choice considering how things are going. What are we going to do about the Demon and my mom?”  I asked.

“The Demon has agreed to help us, but there are some limitations.  He can’t hand over your mom because his bounded to the Ward.”

“What does that mean?”

“Have you ever heard of a blood contract,” Zurie asked.

“Yea, it’s a document forged by the fairies. It’s basically unbreakable and if one party does it basically death.” I said as my fingers caressed the curve of her hip.