Prologue

"Time to D-Evilize!" I shouted when the pendent sealing the akuma was broken and the evil akuma came out of it. I swung my yo-yo to the tiny moth that had a black aurora around it. My yo-yo trapped the akuma and worked its magic. Yes, magic. "Bye-Bye, little butterfly..." I said as the, now normal, akuma flew out off my yo-yo. "Miraculous Ladybug!" I yelled when I threw up a polka dotted bar soap, making all of the destruction go away, as if it never happened. But, of course, it did. 

Today was just like any day for me; saving all of Paris from the evil Hawkmoth who was a super villain that makes other super villains, if that makes any sense. My real name is Marinette, just your normal high school girl with a normal life. That was until the beginning of the school year. That is when I received my Miraculous, a pair of earrings that allowed me to transform into Ladybug, one of Paris' superheros.

I, actually, have a partner whom's name is Cat Noir. He always loves to make idiotic puns and has a HUGE crush on me. But, to be honest, I have no clue what I would do without him. He is my partner, after all. Despite this, we don't know each other's identities, though I know how much he wants to know mine.

"Well, I believe that earns me a kiss, M'lady..." Chat says. He catches me off guard, and leans in for a kiss. Luckily for me, step out of the way. Chat looks a bit annoyed, you know, the playful kind. He has tried to pull that card so many times, it is muscle memory to me. "Come on, M'lady. Just once?" he asks, playfully. 

I was about to say something when both our Miraculouses beeped. Five minutes, I thought in my head. I turned away getting ready to leave, when a black, leather hand grabbed my arm, holding me back. 

I searched Chat's beautiful green eyes, so deep yet masked. Like your eyes when they have tears in them. Or the moon, so far away, yet so close. I knew he wore a mask, but at this moment, under the Eiffel Tower with the moon and streetlamps exerting the only light, he looked perfect. 

And I searched. 

I searched them, trying my hardest to figure out anything, no, everything about him. I have no clue why I did this. He searched my eyes with much more wonder, more than I could even begin to describe. Chat's mouth was open, as if he was about to say something, but couldn't find the words.

Our Miraculouses beeped again, signaling there was only one minute left until we would transform back. I cast down my bluebell eyes. "We've been over this, Chat." I said, my eyes still making no contact with his. I didn't want him to see the look in my eyes; how much my heart yearned to see the real him, to know the real him.

As I turned and tried to pull away, his grip tightened. Not too tight, though. He was still careful about the black claws attached to his suit. Chat pulled me closer to him. I was a bit taken aback by this gesture, it wasn't as playful as usual. It seemed  bit more serious, more... stern.

I looked up, back into his emerald eyes with a questioning look. His expression was more serious, not what I was used to. He pulled me even closer, into a warm embrace. My entire body froze. I could tell that this wasn't one of his silly romantic gestures. This was real. 

He pulled back a strand of my dark blue hair while stroking my cheek. His normal expression turned into a mischievous grin. "Got you." he whispered playfully. I rolled my eyes, but I secretly wished it to be real. When I pushed him away with my free hand, he pursed his lips playfully. 

"Bye!" I exclaimed leaving the scene. As I was leaping through the air, I looked back to see that little cat with a sad face before he took off. "Silly kitty," I whispered to myself. "I really wanted it to be real..."

I used my yo-yo to swing from building to building until I finally made it to the small balcony above my room. I immediately transformed back into my regular cloths; a simple pair of jeans, t-shirt, and jacket. I also had a small purse with a thin strap around my shoulder. A tiny fairy, the ladybug kwami, silently floated down into my hands.

"You should be more careful, Marinette," the tiny kwami struggled to say. She was exhausted from keeping me in that form for so long. I was about to say something back when I felt a raging pain in my leg. I screamed at the top of my lungs, the pain unbearable. My eyes blurred over, the only colors I could see were the black of the night, and emerald. Emerald eyes.