Chapter One - Mute

Lucy's POV
I walked down the rowdy hallway silently. People shoved past me, laughing as I fell to the ground. But I got up. I always got up. The colors were blooming today, I could see them floating freely from the noises. Yes. You heard me. I can see the sounds. They make beautiful waves of colors. But lately, they have started to turn gray. I suppose, it is because of the hateful words that they say. It isn't my fault. I can't help what I am. Mute.
"Just look at her."
"She probably thinks she is so much better, and that is why she stays silent!"
"No, I think she is just too shy!"
"She is such a loser!"
"Haha, got that right."
All of these hurtful, hurtful grays. I decide to ignore them, moving quicker to my next class. Suddenly, I was slammed to the ground. My body hit the ground with a loud red. I lay there, holding back my tears. I can't cry. I won't blow my cover. They don't know the truth. THEY CAN'T. They... won't understand.
I rushed up to my feet, watching Lisanna and her group of friends laughing as they walk past me. So they were the ones. Someday... I will get payback. Just you wait.
*Time-skip: Lunch*
I slowly shuffle my way into the lunch room, only to be greeted by a face full of food. Lisanna laughs, and gets a new tray. I silently sigh, and wipe myself off. A napkin appears in my face. I look up questionably. A boy with pink hair was smiling at me, eyes sparkling. I took the napkin gratefully and continued to wipe myself off.
"Hi. My name is Natsu Dragneel. What's your name?" He says to me. Crap. I smile sadly, staring at him. He looks confused.
"Hey new kid!" Lisanna comes skipping over to us, and my smile fades.
"Who are you?" Natsu asks. His tone was flame red. He meant that angrily. Which means... he is frustrated with me. Lisanna glared at me, but snapped out of it quickly and turned her attention back to the pinkette.
"My name is Lisanna, this loser is Lucy Heartfilia, the school 'mute'" Lisanna said with quotation marks in the air. Her tone was sickly green. Jealousy. Perfect, my day just got worse. Now Lisanna is going to come after me. Natsu looks at Lisanna, then back at me. Then Lisanna again. I turn, but a firm hand grabs my wrist. It was Natsu.
"Lucy, if you want me to be your friend, just say something." he told me sternly. Pain washed onto my face. No... what did I do to become cursed like this?! I look away, not daring to see his face. He lets go, and I can hear him clenching his fist. No...
"Fine." He spat, and I watched as Lisanna dragged him away victorious. I run out.

Natsu's POV
I was being dragged over to a group of girls by Lisanna, as I heard the door slam. I looked back to see a flash of blonde hair leaving the cafeteria. What the hell is her problem?! I was only trying to be her friend. Whatever. If she is going to ignore humanity, then I will ignore her.
I put a smile on, taking Lisanna's arm, dragging her into the halls to chat for a second. I like Lisanna. She is cool. At least she tried to be my friend.
"Natsu, what are you doing?" Lisanna asked me confused. I stopped pulling her, and held her hand.
"Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked sweetly. Shock covered her face, then she blushed, then it turned into excitement as she hugged me.
"Of course!"

Okay, that is the end of this chapter! I am bored, so I will write another chapter today, and maybe even a third! But, sorry if this was short, and I hope you enjoyed. See ya later!