Blades and Daggers

"You took my whole world from me, 'Old friend'... Now I have no other choice but to do the same to you. You've left me no other options, Oswald."

Oswald, knife to throat, sheds a single tear, looking up at the man he loves. "Ed, the reason I killed Isabelle is-"

"ISABELL-A!" Ed interrupts. "Her name is... was, Isabella. And there is no excuse for what happened to her. You cut her brake lines, you-"

"ED! Why can't you see that she didn't deserve you, that you should be with me, THAT I DO EVERYTHING FOR YOUR WELL BEING?!" Oswald takes a step forward, pressing his throat against the blade, slightly slicing through skin. Edward's hand starts to shake.

"Ed, I... She didn't love you. The only way to get rid of my world is by killing your- let's not give you any ideas. What you two had was- was poison! She has obsession, not love... And the only reason you 'loved' her was because she flooded you with unhealthy memories of the woman you murdered with your bare hands. You... You must've seen a spark between us when we lived together in your apartment, when you nursed me back to health... We have good memories- we had fun back then, eating Chinese takeout and listening to the rainfall as we sang and drank wine out of beaker glasses. O-our campaign was a marvel... After Butch nearly killed you- that night, you said you'd do anything for me, that I could always count on you. But here you are, y-you with a knife on my flesh, r-ready to kill the only person who understands you- who truly cares for you!"

Memories invade Nygma's brain. Memories, he thought back, they're like daggers... Daggers in my heart.