Part 10: Maya

I run all the way until I get about ten blocks away. I was almost caught. My breathing is still  heavy. I pause a while to catch my breath.
I look up and I realize that I sorta recognize this area. I look around and decide to continue.
I walk forwards slowly.
I lift my hand and examine the picture I took from Riley. I know this one. Its from my birthday last year. I laugh a bit.
I put it in a safe place inside my bag, then I look up. I'm near a subway station. I decide to go down.
I ride the subway for a long time. Just thinking. I know Riley's phone passcode by heart.
I unlock it, and press the photos app. I see an album entitled "My bestie".  I click on it.
In it I see all our pics together taken on her phone.
I begin to cry.
I go back to the home screen. Suddenly, her text tone sounds and I see that the message is from Smackle. I scroll through their convo and I realize why Riley ran away. My heart sinks after I finish reading all the messages. I lose myself in my head.
I snap back to reality when the speaker on the subway comes to life.
This will be our last stop of the day. Please get off at this station. Thank you and have a good night.
I head up and when I reach the ground, I instantly know where I am.
I cross the street and my pace gets faster. I know where I wanna go.
I finally stop to look up. Yeah, this is it. My destination.
I take a deep breath and walk up the stairs.
I know its late at night, but I have no where else to go.
Inhale. Exhale.
I push the doorbell.
I hear feet shuffling and the lock being opened.
The door swings open and we stand in silence for quite some time. Then he finally speaks,
"Maya?"

Guys!
I am still alive!
Been MIA for almost three months now, I know.
Sorry! Well here's a new part. Comment who you think Maya went to. Shoutout to the first person to get it right ;)
Comments and suggestions are vvvv welcome.
Pls keep voting! Hoping we'll reach 1k soon? Hahaha.
Thanks for reading!
-lightedhearts