Chapter 7

Lauren stood in front of the dresser staring at her reflection in the mirror, reminiscing about her morning. Her run with Jax had gone well. It reminded her of the happy childhood they shared all because of her grandmother. The lifting had been more difficult.

Once they arrived in the brand new state of the art gym, Lauren found herself amazed by the completeness of it. Matthew really had not spared any expense. All the equipment was brand new and the latest technology. The room itself looked better than any sports club she had been in before.

She was almost knocked off her feet when she turned towards Jax and found he was removing his sweatshirt. It was an innocent gesture, but it made his t-shirt accidentally start to come up with it. Before he could reach to pull the fabric back down, she caught a glimpse of his perfect stomach. "Damn" she thought at the slight of his perfectly chiseled 6 pack. But she really was mesmerized by the deep cuts on either side of his hips. They formed a v-shaped valley pointing directly to a package she found herself wanting to unwrap. She shook her head and swallowed hard. 'Focus' she willed herself.

For thirty minutes she tried to avoid staring at him, but her eyes kept trailing over to whatever machine Jax was on at the moment. Then when he would notice she was struggling with a particular machine he would stop what he was doing to come help her with the weights or show her how to do an exercise properly. The closeness was unbearable.

She was so relieved when the 30 minutes was up and he told her he had to get ready since he still had school and practice. Lauren needed the break and hoped that by this evening she would be better able to handle her hormones.

------------
------------

Jackson could not get out of the gym fast enough. It hard just watching her bend and squat. Plus, he tried to be the perfect gentleman and assist Lauren whenever she seemed to be struggling. But then when they were finished, she had to go and stretch. Did she really have to bend herself in half? Tight hamstrings or not, the sight of her thick round track butt sticking straight up in the air for 30 seconds was his undoing. He hurried to the door before she noticed his growing erection. Luckily he had a legit excuse. He needed the break to clear his head and evaluate his game plan.

Once he got to his room he sent his best friend David a text,

*man, we need to talk ASAP!*

While he waited for a response, he ran into his bathroom for a cold shower. By the time he finished brushing his teeth, 10 minutes later, his phone screen was lit with a new message alert.

*Your run went that well, huh?*

A/N short but it had been so long, I figure you needed something. Next up: The Brothers Arrive