Wife Material

A bit of Norway x reader but it's more fluff with two other Nordics 😁

(Y/N) was currently at the Nordic residence. She had received a phone call earlier today from Finland, who had informed her that Sweden was ill and could not attend the Nordic meeting today. However, England had requested that they look after Peter for the day as well, because he had somewhere he needed to go with France. Hmm... it sounded suspicious. Oh well!

Tino had asked her if she would be alright with babysitting Peter until they returned and also taking care of Berwald in their stead. The poor nation had pleaded and pleaded, also while apologising profusely for absolutely no reason since she had instantly accepted anyway. When (Y/N) arrived at the household, she had been informed by Finland about the times when Berwald had to take his medicine and what she could do if she ever got bored. Truth be told, (Y/N) was planning on playing with Sealand and trying to make conversation with Sweden so he wouldn't be so alone for the whole day, so Tino really didn't need to panic, but he was generally a worry wart anyway.

So here she was, playing Jenga with Peter and talking to him about the micro nations.

"So what you're saying is, that you want to build a micro nation army and then attack us with that army until we admit that you're all countries too?" (Y/N) repeated Peter's long description of his future plans, using the taken out Jenga pieces as props.

"YEP! We're going to be acknowledged as countries and everyone will love us!" The little oil rig nation beamed with hope and adorableness. (Y/N) giggled quietly.

"Mmmhmm sure sweetie. But you do know that we all already love you, right?" She wrapped his arms around the boy and brought him close to her chest for a comforting hug. Suddenly she could hear almost silent sniffles from the boy.

"Peter?"

"Miss (Y/N), what if no one ever accepts me as a country? W-what will I do then?"

"...I don't think you need to worry about that, sweetheart. In fact, I think you should be worrying more about your future goal. Like, right now your goal is to be recognised as a country, right?"
Peter nodded. "Well I think you should focus on the goal that you'll try to achieve once you are recognised. It shouldn't be that long and hey, in my opinion, sweetie, you're my absolute favourite country of all time."

"Y-you think so?"

"Of course I do, my little nation."

The two heard shuffling from the kitchen. Shreya jumped up and walked over to the doorframe.
"Sweden? What are you doing out of bed?! Goodness, you should have just rung the bell I gave you earlier in case of any problems! Oh, I'm so sorry, I should have been more attentive!"

"No, it's f'ne. I j'st came f'r a glass of w'ter."

"OH MY GOSH THATS ALL? Ugh, I should have made sure you had enough upstairs... oh! I'm such an idiot I AM SO SORRY SWEDEN oh Berwald can you ever forgive me I'm so incredibly so-"

"Th're, th're (Y/N). You did n'thing wr'ng, so don't beat y'rself up, 'kay?"
He patted her head gently. She swore she could see the ghost of a smile grace his lips, if only for a mere millisecond. She helped him back into bed and brought up lots of bottles of water, to avoid more water emergencies. Then she went back downstairs to check on Peter, who she found colouring in a small book. The sight of his little tongue poking from the right side of his mouth in concentration was just too cute to avoid so she snapped a quick picture of the scene before sending it to Finland. She then closed her phone and sat by the young nation.

"Miss (Y/N) could you give me something to draw?"

"Well, Peter what kind of things are you interested in?"

"I want to draw something we can pin up onto the fridge!"

"Oh, I see. Say, I have an idea. What about drawing a picture for Berwald? Since he's sick and all, I'm sure he'd really appreciate getting one of your amazing pictures!" She praised, proposing her excellent idea.

"THAT'S A GREAT IDEA MISS! I'LL GET TO WORK ON IT RIGHT NOW!"

And with that, he began furiously scribbling something or other into his notepad. (Y/N) smiled to herself before going to check the time. It was 3:30 already?! The others would be back at around 3:45, so she eagerly anticipated their arrival. It's not like she didn't enjoy spending time with Peter and Berwald, but she hadn't seen the Nordics in quite a while and she wanted to see them all again if briefly. (A certain Norwegian may also have played a large part in her excitement.)

That's when she remembered. 'Isn't this the time I'm meant to give Sweden his medicine?' So she took the bottle of medicine up to Berwald's room along with a spoon and helped him take it. Checking that everything was alright, she was about to sit down next to him after cleaning the spoon to talk with him some more when the doorbell rang.

"I'LL GET IIIIIT!" A chipper, youthful voice rang out after it.

(Y/N) thought she heard Berwald chuckle before he told her to go down and see everyone too. He also thanked her for the her time and kindness today, to which she blushed and denied any sort of act of appreciation. What she did was purely out of her own selfishness, wanting to spend some more time with her best friends and Sealand.

(Y/N) walked downstairs, made small talk with everybody while Sealand explained in thorough detail about each and every little activity he had done with her today, which made her giggle often and the others blush at her sweetness. After a while of chatting with everyone and drinking some coffee, (Y/N) left the Nordics' house, with a grand smile on her face.

\(•3•)_[Extended Ending]_(•3•)/

The other four Nordics decided to go and greet Sweden as well and make sure that he was doing alright. To their relief, his condition seemed to have improved and he swore that (Y/N) hadn't done a thing wrong the whole day (as was expected). As the Nordics were about to leave his room, Sweden suddenly spoke loudly,

"Lukas."

Everyone turned round to face Berwald even though he was only addressing Norway.
They patiently waited for him to speak.

"Ja, Sve?"

"...she w'ld make exc'llent wife material."

~~FIN~~
{haha, get it? Fin?}