Resilience

A/N: Hey guys I'm back!!! Thank you guys so much for patently waiting for me to come back. I have had such a busy 2 weeks. And trust me, I'm still have too many things to do. Also, thank you guys so much for 200 followers ^.^ With that being said, I hope you all enjoy today's chapter.

----------------------------------

Everyone froze when Ash went down. After hitting the wall, Ash's body fell down to the floor, unmoving after the impact.

Serena was the first person to recover from the shock. She began to sprint over to where Ash's unconscious body was laid. Pikachu, who also recovered, closely followed behind Serena.

Hunter J saw them running towards Ash and moved to cut them off.

"Salamence, flamethrower!" She called. Salamence immediately charged up a stream of fire and shot it straight at the running duo. Serena instinctively moved her arms up to her head to protect it as she ran. However, the move was cut off by a powerful blast of water creating a thick mist that Serena and Pikachu continued to run through.

Once the mist had cleared, Serena turned around to see Gary and Blastoise keeping Hunter J busy as Cynthia and Steven tried to clear a path through the crowd of grunts. Serena and Pikachu finally reached Ash, and she quickly kneeled down to check on him.

"Ash... Please don't let go. Don't let go!" Serena pleaded as she grabbed his wrist and felt for a heartbeat. After a few agonizing seconds of silence, she felt a beat.

There's still hope.

After Serena checked his pulse, she checked for his injuries. Ash was laying on his stomach, so Serena had to turn him over to check if there were any serious injuries to his chest. As she turned him over, a red orb fell from his pocket and rolled to Serena's side. Serena picked it up and examined it before shaking her head and turning her attention back to Ash.

"He doesn't seem to have many injuries," Serena muttered to herself once she had finished making sure Ash was in a good condition. Suddenly, she heard a loud thud to her right. Serena turned to her side to see Hunter J and her Salamence there. Serena looked behind the two and saw Gary tending to his injured Blastoise, who had reverted back to its regular form. PIkachu stepped in front of Serena and Ash in a protective position, with his cheeks sparking. Hunter J didn't pay any attention to Pikachu however. She just looked straight at Serena.

"Give me the orb," She said holding her hand out and nodding to the orb that was in Serena's hand. Serena looked around confused for a second before she realized what Hunter J was talking about.

"Why should I?" Serena asked holding the orb more protectively to her chest.

"So you're going to be stubborn huh? Fine, give the orb to me and I'll make sure that you and that boy right there won't have a slow and painful demise,"

"No," Serena said backing farther away from Hunter J.

"Give it to me," Hunter J said threateningly taking a step closer to Serena.

"No," Serena said once again.

"Fine, you've forced me to do this," Hunter J snapped her fingers and Salamence quickly moved in. Its fangs started glowing white as it quickly moved towards Serena with its mouth open. However, before it could reach her, it was intercepted by an iron tail. Pikachu did a flip after he hit Salamence and landed on all four feet.

"Fine you want to fight rodent? Salamence dragon claw!" Salamence's claw suddenly started glowing a greenish color, and with startling speed, it struck Pikachu.

"PIKA," Pikachu shouted in pain as he flew backwards. Pikachu hit the ground and struggled to get back up to its feet. Hunter J smirked at this.

"Let's finish this, crunch!" Once again, Salamence moved forward with its mouth opened ready to bite down on Pikachu. Pikachu closed its eyes and braced for the hit.

However, it was intercepted once again.

As Salamence moved towards Pikachu it was slashed away by a dark blue figure with a giant water shuriken on its back.

Ash-Greninja.

Salamence let out a cry of pain and was pushed backwards by the figure. After Salamence had backed up, Greninja jumped back and landed in front of Serena and Pikachu. The dark blade that it held in its hand disappearing as it landed in front of them.

"Now you want to be destroyed too?" Hunter J asked in an annoyed tone. Greninja didn't make a single noise in response. He instead glared at Hunter J with a challenging look on its face.

"Fine. Salamence, dragon claw!" Salamence moved forwards once again with its claws glowing green. It attempted to slash at Greninja, but Greninja would block it with the dark blade that it held in its hands effortlessly. After a few more tries, Salamence tried a different tactic. It feigned an attack from Greninja's left, and as Greninja went to block it, it slashed upward from underneath Greninja. Greninja let out a cry of pain as it flew straight up in the air. However it quickly recovered. In mid-air it twisted its body around. As it twisted its body, it grabbed the giant water shuriken on its back and threw it full force at Salamence.

A giant explosion came from the water shuriken. The force was so great that, it caught Serena off guard and blew the red orb out of her hands. Once the smoke had cleared out, Salamence was laying in the middle of a giant crater. Greninja was once again in front of Serena and Pikachu. Serena tried to run after the orb, but she was stopped by a flamethrower.

"Where are you going?" Hunter J asked as Salamence got back up on its legs. Serena's eyes widened in surprise.

How had Salamence survived that move?

Hunter J and Salamence began to move towards the group once again, ready to deliver the final blow, however she was stopped by a voice behind her.

"So, how are you J?" Hunter J turned around to see her grunts and their Pokemon laying on the floor, either unconscious or injured. She then shifted her gaze to see Cynthia, her Garchomp, and Steven with his Metagross. J began to back away. She knew she was beat and couldn't take on two champions at the same time, even with how hurt their Pokemon were. She slowly moved to her Salamence and quickly hopped on his back. Before Cynthia or Steven could make a move, she was already flying off.

"Are you guys alright?" Cynthia asked as she came over to check on everyone there. After making sure everyone was ok, Steven told Gary and Serena what they were going to do next as Cynthia did a full check on Ash.

"Ok, there is a cave near here with a lot of berries around it. Our Pokemon can't fly back to the town in this state. We will stay there for tonight. Tomorrow, Cynthia and I will start to walk back to town. This should take around four days. We will alert the authorities and return. Got it?" Steven asked.

"Yup," Gary said.

"B-But what about Ash?" Serena asked. At that moment, Cynthia came back from checking on Ash.

"How is he?" Gary asked.

"He's fine, he has a dislocated arm and a concussion from the hit. But there's one more problem..."

"What's wrong?" Serena asked worriedly.

"Ash is in a coma. We don't know when he'll wake up. It may be tomorrow, or never at all."

----------------------------------    

A/N: Alright, feels good to be back. It's nice to be able to talk to you guys again. Alright that's it for me. I have to go work on a project with my team members so see you guys. This is Amourshipper signing off for now, see ya.