Chapter Eight

AN: Okay, so I've been incredibly remiss in thanking my readers and reviewers. You guys are helping so much, and I love that you love this! It certainly doesn't get enough love from me, so it needs attention from somewhere.

Uh... I wrote this. Maybe. You get a glance at what the rest of the Golden Trio thinks... Hope you like.

Sorry I've not worked on this in months. I just couldn't work up the inspiration. But now you have it. Yay!

~Kiro
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry managed to slip into Charms without Professor Flitwick giving him much mind. He was not spared such inattention from his friends.

"Where have you been, Harry? You never made it back to lunch!"

Hermione was the first to question his whereabouts. Hearing the sharp tone in her voice, he winced. He most likely should have been paying attention to his friends' reactions during breakfast, but all he could think about had been making sure that Severus wasn't subjected to disciplinary action. All he could now was put off talking to his friends until he had more time to think, and they could discuss it without twenty potential eavesdroppers.

"I'll tell you later, okay. Now isn't a good time."

Hermione gave him an evil eye, but turned back to the blackboard where Proffessor Flitwick was still squeaking out a lecture. Ron gave Harry a concerened glance when he slumped down in his seat, sliding half under his desk. Oh, how he was dreading this conversation.

~~~

Harry managed to avoid explaining himself to his friends for the rest of the afternoon. They all had classes until then, but after dinner he would be wide open for Hermione to drag him to some corner and demand an explanation, Ron tagging along behind. Right now, Harry was just trying to draw the meal out for as long as humanly possible, picking at his chicken with one fork. All of the sudden the scent of the spicy fowl made him nauseous. He pushed his plate away.

Above him, black eyes watched worriedly. Harry flicked his gaze upwards, caught his man's eye, and smiled, exhausted, in reassurance. All he recieved in return was a deeper scowl from Severus and a huff from Hermione, who appeared to have noticed the interaction. Harry dropped his head supressing a groan.

He had debated having Severus present for the conversation with his friends. It would eliminate a lot of the disbelief if he could just  snog the man in front of his friends, but he also didn't want Severus to be there to a.) hex one of his friends of b.) be interrogated by one of them. Actually, he was probably just putting of the inevitable, but at least without Severus there he could... smooth the way a bit.

Finally determining that there was no way he could put off this conversation any longer, Harry stood from the table and limply made his way toward the doors. Behind him, he could hear Hermione haul Ron away from the last of his food.

The trip to the Gryffindor dormitory was long and arduous. Harry nearly fell down the stairs at least three times, but he figured that a trip to the hospital wing would only make this conversation more uncomfortable. When the trio entered the common room, it was about half full, as was typical of a Tuesday night. The three friends made their way between groups of chatty students and up the stairs to the seventh year boys' dormitory, locking the door behind them.

There was silence as they each sat, Harry on his bed and Hermione and Ron on the redhead's bed. A rustling, during which Harry stared at his hands on his lap, then Hermione spoke.

"So where did you go during lunch, Harry?"

Silence. Harry sighed, then lifted an eye to peek between his bangs at the two opposite.