18

IZZYS POV

I woke up to the sound of yelling. Confused, I got up and walked towards the sound. It was coming from Shawn's room. I decided to listen, even though I shouldn't.

"I don't care! You didn't believe in me, I'm not coming back this time!" Shawn snapped

"Lauren I've moved on, so u should too."

He is talking to Lauren? Like the girl who didn't believe in him?

"No! I think we're done here goodbye." He yelled again and hung up.

I ran back to my room and acted like I didn't hear any of that. I walked into my bathroom brushed my teeth and did my make up. I then got dressed into leggings and a cropped grey sweatshirt that says California on it.
I put my hair into a high ponytail.

I grabbed my phone and my wallet and ran out of my room. I wanted to go out and do something but I didn't know what. While walking down the stairs I literally ran into Shawn.

"Where u headed off to?" He asked

"I'm not sure yet."

" wait I want to take u somewhere. Go put on fluffy socks."

"Uhh ok."

I walked in my room and put on fluffy socks like he said and then met Shawn by the door.

"Where are you taking me?"

"You will see."

We climbed in his jeep. It was only A ten minute drive until we pulled up to a pretty big building.

"What's this place?"

"This is an indoor ice rink. We are going ice skating."

"Oh boy." I said excited. I haven't ice skated since I was in the orphanage.

We walked in and went to the rental area and got our skates.

"Shawn how do i tie these?
"Here I'll do it." He said and beant over to tie them.

Come on he said offering my hand while we stood up.

I was having so much fun with this. Truth is, I can ice skate, it was part of our "gym class" at the orphanage. I don't know why it was but it was.

I was acting dumb because Shawn was being really cute about everything.

We got up and walked on the ice.

I quickly stepped on and started going fast around the rink. Shawn looked at me with the funniest face. I came back and stopped right in front of him.

"I didn't know you could skate!"

"We did it for "gym class" back at the orphanage."

"Then how come you said you couldn't tie your skates?"

"Cause you were acting all cute."

"Well then. Lets go skate!"

He intertwined our fingers and we took off skating together.

It was nice. I liked it being just me and shawn.

Minutes turned into a hours and eventually we both started to get hungry.

"I'm starving." I said

"Me too, let's go to wawa and then go home."

I nodded

We both exited the ice and took of our skates and handed them back in to the rental person.

~at the house~

Shawn was doing who knows what while I was sitting at the table eating my hoagie in deep thought about ice skating.

I wish I still did ice skating daily. Back at the orphanage I remember it as my place to escape. People told me that I looked like I was In a another world when I skated. Truth is, I was.

"IZZY." Shawn yelled snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"Wanna play pool?" He asked walking into the kitchen.
"No thanks. Im not really in the mood. I think i might just watch a movie."

"Okay, can I join you?"

"Only if your up for watching a sad romance movie."

"I'm up for it."