Prologue: Hiiro Yagami

Cold... So cold... What happened? I thought back. Looking at myself, lying on the ground, all I could see was the crimson of my blood, a group of highschool students staring with horrified faces. My vision was slowly disappearing.

"Oh... T-that's right..." I sputtered. Thinking back a few moments, he remembered. Those kids were going to be hit by that car... And now...

I coughed, sending a spurt of blood in the air. In the back of my head, I could hear sirens. But I knew they were too late. My life was leaving this world.

I didn't accomplish much. I didn't have much of a relationship. I had a few girlfriends, but nothing lasted. I was only thirty. I got nowhere in life. And now... I had no more chances.

"If only... If only I had one more chance... I would live... My life... To the fullest..."

My eyes opened. To my surprise, I seemed to be alive. But... Something was wrong. I felt... Small? As my eyes adjusted to the world around me, I was being held. Wait, held? How? Above me, I saw a woman. Quite beautiful if I must say.

She looked down at me with a happy face. A pleasant, loving smile, and mysterious crimson eyes, and long jet black hair. But... Something wasn't right. Protruding from her head were a pair of black horns.

Appearing from the left side of my vision, was a large man, with broad shoulders, and wearing some kind of black clothing. He had a rough white beard and long wild hair of the same color. He shared the same crimson eyes as the woman beside him and... Also had a pair of large black horns.

The woman looked at the man. "Our child... I can tell he will be very handsome."

The man grinned. "Just look at him, he'll make a fine heir."

Heir? Does he mean heir as in royalty? After everything that has happened, he wasn't sure what to make of anything anymore. He definitely died. Had he been... Reborn? Reincarnated in another world?

He laughed a little. "I can tell, when I pass, he will make an excellent Demon King."

Excuse me?