Epilogue

Stripeblaze happily picked at the marigold he was gathering. It had been many moons since his naming ceremony, and much had happened. Leafkit and Toadkit grew up to be Leafeyes and Toadfluff, in honour of the second name Mistpetal had in mind for him, and Speckkit, who grew up to be Speckpetal, was expecting his kits. Her sister Sparrowkit had become Sparroweye, and Hazelbelly and Buzzardwish had had two sons: Roughpaw and Snowpaw. Leopardpaw earned his warrior name and became Leopardpelt. He had an obvious crush on Leafeyes. Cedarfoot had died of blood poisoning not long after Stripeblaze got his full name, and Doebrook, Sandwhisker and Moonpoppy all died from a nasty bout of greencough, leaving Leopardpelt, Speckpetal and Sparroweye all orphaned.
A new apprentice from ShadowClan had joined ThunderClan after being threatened by her Clan-mates, and Stripeblaze had grown to quite like her. She was very sweet and helpful, though a bit mischievous. He was out picking herbs with her, and he noticed her padded back towards him.
"I found some marigold, and a bit of water mint!" the blue-grey she-cat mewed.
"Thank you Dazepaw," Stripeblaze meowed. As she walked past him and sat down, her soft fur brushed against him. Her crystal blue eyes locked with his for a moment, and he finally figured who she reminded him of: Rosepaw. Her personality was just like Rosepaw's, with her kindness and how she cared for everyone, but also got into trouble. Her fur, though a different colour, was similar. It had that blue tinge to it and was soft to the touch, like pure silk. Her eyes were an endless ocean of blue that could make you feel every emotion with one look, yet were as innocent as a mouse's. Though he wasn't in love with her, he felt a strange pull towards her, and cared for her like the daughter he never had.
He watched as she sat down and looked into the sunset, sighing. He padded up to her and stood beside her. "Something wrong?" he asked her.
"No, just, admiring the sunset," she replied, not taking her eyes off the beautiful sky. He stood still for a few moments more, before speaking.
"We should get back to camp," he suggested. Dazepaw nodded and stood up, picking up her herbs as she did. Stripeblaze let her walk in front of him as they made their way back to the camp and a thought crossed his mind as she happily stepped along; Rosepaw lives on in you, you're her chance to make it right, to lead the life she always wanted. And I will care for you as if you were my own child.

{And that's the end! I've worked so hard on this story and honestly, I love how it turned out! This is easily one of my favourite stories that I've written and I want to thank you all for reading it! If you missed any chapters, please go back and read them as every chapter is important and has information about the story. On to 'Goldenlake's Betrayal'!
Warriorcats-mlp out for the last time time!}