02. Chapter Two

She moved here a year ago and still she looked out of place, amongst the rich tanned teens in our school.

My parents were middle class people, who wanted the best for their only daughter. My dad was a professor and my mother a nurse, they loved me dearly but not enough to accept that I might marry someone of the same sex.

I understood their reluctance and waited patiently, it took me some time to realize who I was as well.

Anna explained her parents didn't mind, as long as she remained healthy and lived her life to be happy and free.  I was quite surprised by the freedom they gave her, especially since it seemed that they trusted no one around their daughters, Anna and Bailey.

I still remember the first day I saw her, with her hair curled up and hiding parts of her beautiful face. The dark locks shimmered in the light, or at least that's what I saw when the new girl walked into the classroom a year ago.

Anna Willow, the exchange student from Russia.

Everyone would crowd her with their whispers about the new girl, as usual the all the kids wanted to be her friends and the boys wanted her on their arms but she didn't budge. I noticed how she would keep to herself and stayed quiet when everyone would just go balls crazy.

We made eye contact for the first time about a month later; I guess that was when she first noticed me. I never knew her eyes were so snake like, so angelic. Those polluted jade eyes, somewhat unclear, no sparkle like any other green eyes I'd seen. I wondered if she liked my basic brown eyes as much as my mother loved them, she always said, "You have my brown eyes" and my dad would argue that I got it from him.

We didn't have a chance to say anything, but our staring contest continued until the mathematical lingo of the teacher distracted us.