Chapter 6

Quietly, Grasping El's hand, Mike creeps along to the bottom of the stairs and brandishes the kitchen knife in front of him. 

He slowly counts down on his fingers, and Eleven nods. When he gets to three he rips the blanket away and slices the monsters head clean off while Eleven is holding it down with her powers.

 Adrenaline coursing through their veins and both breathing heavy, they look at each other and start to laugh. El noticed blood seeping quickly through Mike's shirt, alarmed she rolls the sleeve  back. Mike quickly covers it with his hand.

"I'm fine. Hey, don't worry about me okay?"

Mike wipes the blood off his hands and wraps his bleeding shoulder in a blanket before deciding to use the bandages in his bathroom. El follows him in, remembering the first time she had been in here in their world obviously. 

El tenderly wraps his arm in a piece of Mike's ripped jeans, gently tying it and sighing. 

"Is that okay?"

Mike winces, and turns to her; his laugh overtaking his pain twisted features.

"Yeah I'm fine El, are you okay?"

They stare at each other, eyes deep within one another. He takes her hand and squeezes it reassuringly, pulling her into another hug. El pulls away and intertwines their fingers dreading what was to come.

"We have to go back out there don't we?"

"We don't have to if you don't want to El..."

"We have to Mike."

They both walked out into the crushing darkness in search of a way out, hopeful the other monsters wouldn't catch them. She looks at him and smiles, running a hand through her new hair.

"Ready?"

Lucas backed up too far and slammed into the coffee table behind him, still brandishing the splintered bat at the monster in the doorway. 

It roared angrily and spit even more blood at them. Dustin wipes his face in disgust and yells at Lucas to kill it. Lucas never being  into sports, had a hard time swinging and actually hitting the monster. 

"LUCAS! SON OF A BITCH! JUST KILL IT!!"

"IM TRYING RELAX!"

Lucas swings the bat a misses again, resulting in another exasperated sigh from Dustin.

"IF YOU'RE SO SMART WHY DONT YOU HELP DICKHEAD?!"

"FINE!"

Dustin gets the hammer from Mike's tool kit and throws it, actually momentarily stunning and knocking the monster into the blanket fort. The next thing the boys know, they hear crying from the fort.

 Confused they lift the blanket slowly and find Will holding his face and neck. Bleeding profusely, and whimpering he tells them to back away. 

A very confused Dustin and Lucas oblige, and sit on the coffee table waiting for and answer.

 Will stands up and places the bathroom towel on his wounds, coming back over to curl up into himself once again. 

"Guys" 

His voice wavers,

" I have to tell you something that's been going on for sometime now, I'm sorry I didn't say anything sooner."

 Dustin scratches his head and waits for the continuation, but it never comes. They are met with a more...visual representation of what Will was trying to tell them. 

And shocked would be an understatement to describe how everyone in that room felt. Will was the monster.