Chapter 8

Staying in bed for 5 days straight doesn't make you feel better. Mia has been trying to get me to go places but I can barely leave this bed. Mia is leaving tomorrow. I wish I could  spend time with her, but it doesn't matter..

Mia is at her laptop and has like a million tabs open like always.

I have to go use the bathroom and as soon as I lock the door, I hear Mia talking. At first I thought maybe I was hearing things. I lean my ear against the door. Mia was definitely talking to someone. Maybe her mom had called her. Her mom calls her 10 times a day to make sure she's okay. But I didn't hear her phone ring.

I turn the shower on to make her think that I was taking a shower, and I slowly open the door.

"I don't know, Daniel. She's going through a lot right now. I don't think it's the time to tell her," Mia says.

Why the hell is she talking to Daniel? She doesn't even like him. Right? I move my head to see Mia skyping Daniel.

"She'll be mad at first but she'll get over it. If she's your best friend, she'll want you to be happy. C'mon. Don't you want to be girlfriend and boyfriend and stop being low-key," Daniel rants.

"Yes. I guess I'll tell her after she get's out of the bathroom. I'll just lie and say we started dating a couple of days after you guys broke up instead of a week before you guys broke up."

Oh my gosh. Mia and Daniel are dating. I guess I don't really care. I'm happy for he... Wait a minute. Did she say a week before we broke up? That means that Daniel was cheating on me. With my bestfriend. I can't take it any more.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS," I yell.

"Courtney I...,"

"Forget it. You're supposed to be my best friend. But you just used me. That's why you pressured me so much to go out with Jack. Because you wanted me to break up with Daniel. I HATE YOU."

I run out of the room, sobbing between breaths. I now know how Jack felt when he found out I lied.

Hurt and lied to.

With no one to hold.