Baby Shopping

"Emily!" I yell, pushing open the front door. Tobias' Mum enters the hallway, giving me a small smile.

"Hi Honey."

"Hey Myra, how are you?" I smile in return, dropping my bag to the floor. "I'm great honey, thanks for asking." She responds.

"Is Emily in?" I ask, glancing around the living room. It's empty and I frown . . . Emily practically lives in this room. She's permanently sat in front of the television, surrounded by nutella, pizza and Jake. She really does live the dream.

"She's showering. Do you want a cup of tea?" Myra asks me, heading towards the kitchen. I follow close behind, loving how she always makes me feel so comfortable inside her house.

"Yes, please. No sugar." I respond, taking a seat at the dining table. A low voice speaks from behind me and I jump, feeling startled.

"Because you're sweet enough, right?"

I snap my head to the right, meeting eyes with Tobias. He's leaning against the wall, a small smirk on his lips. He's dressed in all black, jogging bottoms hung loosely on his hips. I immediately feel myself sit up straighter, conscious of the way I look. I blush at his pet-name for me and drop my gaze.

"Leave her alone Tobias," Myra chuckles fondly, placing three mugs down next to the kettle. She turns around, shaking her head at her son.

"Look at her. The poor girl won't stop blushing."

I inwardly groan and sink further in my seat, becoming as small as possible. Tobias immediately chuckles, the deep rumble of his laughter filling the room. He walks in and takes a seat opposite me, the grin on his face never altering.

Underneath the table I feel his legs brush against mine and even though we're fully clothed, my body warms up considerably. I blink and look up, meeting Tobias' intense stare. His eyes are a swirl of chocolate and grey, becoming shades darker the longer he looks at me.

Does he feel the same electricity run through his body too?

I can't help feeling like he's staring straight through into my mind. His stare is so intense, head cocked slightly to the side as he studies me. Myra places the cup of tea in front of me and snaps me out of the Tobias induced trance I'm in. I thank her, grateful that's she's here so I don't have to deal with him on my own.

The thought of being alone with Tobias is honestly frightening. . .

"How is Emily doing?" I say, wanting to create conversation between us. Myra pulls a seat back, sitting next to Tobias. She reaches for the biscuit tin before responding.

"She's always tired. The pregnancy is such a strain on her body but she's doing good."

I nod, agreeing with her. Myra offers me a biscuit and I shake my head, refusing the offer. Tobias instead reaches over, grabbing the whole packet. I raise my brow at him and let out a small laugh, watching as he pops two at once inside his mouth. He pauses, giving me a questioning look.

"What?" He mumbles, reaching for another.

"You eat like a pig." I tease him, pushing the biscuit tin towards him. Tobias shrugs and wraps a hand around the tin, acting protective over it.

"I love my food. The way to a mans heart is always through his stomach."

Myra nods, agreeing with her son. She gives me a wink, a twinkle in her eye. "Take notes honey."