1.

Katie- are you still up?

Jack- now I am, why?

Katie- I'm bored and I wanted someone to talk to.

Jack- Katie it's freaking 3 AM IN THE MORNING

Katie- oops.

Jack- seriously Katie did he do what he does again?

Katie- ...

Jack- I'm so sorry!!!

Jack- What was it with this time?

Jack- Katie?

Jack- I'm calling the cops. I'm sorry but your dad can't keep hitting you.

Katie- NO PLEASE DONT CALL THE COPS!!!!!!!

Jack- Katie. I'm sorry but you have to get away. Yes your mom left and that doesn't give him the right to hurt you for it.

Katie- please don't. I just need someone to talk to.

Jack- if you need somewhere to stay just walk across the street to my house.

Katie- he would notice. Anyway I'm fine.

Jack- YOU CANT BE FINE IF YOUR GETTING BEAT BY YOUR DAD

Katie- just calm down I'm hurting already but this. 😭

Jack- okay I won't call this time but if it happens again.....

Katie- can we just talk about something else please?!

Jack- sure..... well there is something I need to tell you.

Katie- ?

Jack- this is going to sound so blunt and fake but well.....

Katie- ok

Jack- well I like you a lot. And I hate hearing that your getting hurt because I want to help you so bad and I want to help you get away from your dad since I dont want you hurt. I know we are only freshmans but prom is coming up and..... I was wondering if you wanted to go with me. Even if we went as friends.

Jack- I know it's weird for me to randomly say this to you but maybe it will help ease your pain to feel special.

Katie-...

Jack- I'll uh go now.

Katie- Wait!!! I like you to jack. I really do!!!!

Jack- What?!? Really ?!? Dont tell me this is another one of your jokes.

Katie- it's not. When you moved into the neighborhood back in 6th grade I knew I liked you. I thought it was as a friend but I had a crush on you for three years.

Jack- me too. I felt so alone and I found you. A kind, beautiful, funny girl.

Katie- 😉

Jack- I love you, Katie 😘

Katie- I love you too Jack. See you tomorrow!