Chapter 12

Siana POV

Day 22

Today I was eating mash potatoes with what was probably meat stew, although it surely didn't look like it. I gave the stew to Christoph which he happily accepted and devoured before I even took a bite of my mushy potatoes. Today I was eating in silence, pondering about something. Roberta was sitting on her heels as usual in front of me, waiting. I looked at her for a long time and wondered if I could do the impossible.

"Roberta" I asked quietly. She didn't move, but I saw a small spasm in her feature, letting me know she was listen intently. She knew this was not going to be a story.

"What if I told you, you could live some of the stories I told you about"

Christoph chocked beside me "What the hell do you think you're doing?" he seethed "Are you trying to get us killed?"

"Shut up Christoph" I snapped and turned my attention back to Roberta. "Please listen carefully. There is life beyond this house. A life full of wonder and surprises. Those stories I told you about, they don't begin to explain what you would be feeling. Living is something so special, everyone lives it differently. Most of all, everyone deserves to live, to feel life and know just how amazing it can be"

Roberta stayed silent but I could see she began to be uncomfortable.

"I can promise you a life better than this one, Roberta. One of wonders and joys. I can promise you that you will be safe from him. You would be with a family that would protect you and teach you things about life that will amaze you. All you have to do is get out of this prison and find my wife"

I started coughing then. I coughed until blood fell out of my mouth. My lungs must not be doing well anymore.

"Listen, my wife is easy to find. Can you read?" I asked her but she shook her head. "Can you track someone?" Roberta hesitate but finally nodded. I gave a sigh.

"Good girl" I smiled. I took off my ring from my left finger. I was surprised they left it on me all this time. The once silver ring was now soaked with dry blood, forever staining it. "Here. Track my wife down. Where you are going to go, there is going to be a lot of people, not all of them are nice. You cannot speak to them"

I knew that by now, Jimhaya had done something stupid which in terms would bring the authorities to her. I knew Jimhaya from the back of hand. There was no mistaking my belief.

"And how will she know who your wife is?" Christoph spat, uncertain.

"Jimhaya will be the scariest thing you will ever encounter. Once you see her, you will feel like you have met with death herself. You will believe that you will die horribly at that very moment and by her hand. You will have shivers and feel as if the world froze around you. You would wish that you were dead. That is the only person you must speak to" I said. Roberta looked even more uncertain and Christoph barked a hysterical laugh.

"You fell in love with that?" he said, not believing me. Although, he had heard the stories about her. "You're more messed up than I had first imagined"

"Shut up Christoph" I repeated before turning my attention to Roberta once more. "Everyone will try to have you speak to them but you cannot say a word. You must only speak to her. Please Roberta, if you succeed, I will guarantee you a life better than the one James has given you. I know you don't think it can happen, but remember my stories. Everything that I told you has happened. It does exist. I beg you" Those last words I spoke were nothing but a broken whisper. I didn't know what to say anymore. All I wanted was to get out of this place. Roberta deserved more than this. All I could do now was beg, and hope.