1

Rachel

I woke up to Lucas crying. The 3rd time tonight! I look at the time. 

3:21 am 

I got up from bed to go check on him.

Hi baby. I said in a calming voice. I picked him up from his crib and rocked him back and forth. It was now 3:43 am and he's finally falling asleep. I love him but boy is he a piece of work. I put him back into his crib and turned on the baby monitor. I closed his bedroom door quietly and walked out.

_ _ _

I woke up again at 6:39 am. Wow this is the longest he's let me sleep. I got up from my bed and saw that Lucas was still asleep. I decided to not wake him up I need some peace and quiet. I live by myself if you're wondering. Ever since Mr. Shuester's wedding I've matured very much. I ended it with Brody when I found out I was pregnant with Lucas. I also moved out of Kurt and I's apartment. He tried to encourage me to tell Finn about Lucas but I refused. I had found out he was engaged and I was definetly not gonna ruin his life with suprising him with a child.

I learned to manage with me and Lucas. Even at 18 I made it. I was almost convinced to give him up for adoption but the minute I saw him my entire perspective on adoption changed. I pushed myself to make it work.

I had Lucas 7 months ago, but I fell in love with him before he was even born.

If you're wondering I'm actually not in New York or Lima I'm in Boston. It's different here but somehow it still feels the same. I've been here for about almost a year now. Mom is getting married in a couple weeks so she wants me to go back to Lima for the wedding. I said yes.

Of course I'm scared of running into Finn but then again he was engaged the last I heard so he should've moved on by now, but seeing how our breakup happened I'm sure he's moved on already.

I've always wondered what Finn would do if he found out about Lucas Would he want him or would he dismiss him as a mistake..

Oh there it is. Lucas is awake.

Finn

Finn get up! 

I open my eyes and see Puck rushing. Shit we're late.. again.

I get up and quickly get dressed. I put some gel in my hair, brush my teeth and rush out. Puck and I are both attending The College of Lima. 

I'm majoring in English because I wanna be an English teacher. Although today, was just a very boring class. I'm nearly asleep when my phone buzzes. I pull it out to see my mom texted.

Momma

Finn save the date for next month April 15th we're attending Shelby and Zachary's wedding :)                                                                  

 What the hell did it totally slip her mind on how bad Rachel and I's breakup was?!

Mom, I can't go! Rachel totally hates me! I send eager for her response.

 Momma

 Oops, sorry honey but I just sent the RSVP. You're going Finnegan! I know you still have feelings for Rachel. That Vicky girl you stupidly proposed too is out of the picture you can be with her, plus I know you still love her.                                                        

Momma 

Pay attention in class! Don't respond!

I guess I'm going to a wedding..

oh shit..

AN//

Hi! Long time no see huh? Well I really hope you enjoyed the first chapter of "The Dream"! Tell me in the comments what you thought and if you would like for me to continue this fanfic! Sorry this is soo short I just want to make sure you guys like the storyline before I really begin writing.

-Maddie 🎀