𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

What more is there to life than living and dying? Why is it that we focus so heavily upon planning the life that we desire to have ahead of us? Unfortunately for me, my life had been robbed from me, taken by the hands of death itself. Could there ever be hope of regaining it back? I've thought for quite some time about it, praying that it would come to me, hoping that I would have achieved many great things throughout my life.

But.. at what cost was I willing to go through gaining this stolen opportunity? I have not ascended to heaven nor have I descended to hell, just where exactly did my soul go after such a tragic incident? Was my fate still left to be decided?

No, that can't be it! It can't be, why would my fate still have yet to be chosen? I've already died! As they all say, you only live once, right? There's no other path than what you had been granted with, I refuse to believe that another can be granted.

But oh, how wrong I was..there was a way and a place for that, but that required for you to revisit painful memories that you had forgotten upon reaching a place of life and death– memories that had been wiped by a deity who decides whether you return to the world within another body or...vanish within the void to never be seen again, being left as nothing but a soulless mannequin.

Now, what fate did this deity decide for me? I don't know, but there are quite a few road bumps if not complications that had gotten in the way of his decision, the arbiter as they call him– had grown too attached to my unfortunate soul that had wound up within his domain, he cherished it too much to just simply let go of it, but what more was he supposed to do? Watch as I'd slowly rot away the more I had chosen to stay or guide me to the path that he would soon have to choose for me?

Time could only tell where I'd end up, but was I afraid? There wasn't anything to be fearful of other than the fact that I would be lost in time..laid to rest by this deity who had been gifted with the power of choosing their fates regardless of not knowing what they had been getting into in the way beginning.

All I knew was that I, (Your Name, Last Name), had appeared within such a purgatory-like place for the sole purpose of my existence being decided upon by the mere hands of an arbiter by the name of Decim, an intriguing man that had grown fragile towards a human like me, a human that has been faced with the complexions of being guided to a path that may differ from the one that I wish to take.

What path do you believe you'll take? What should you be given? Do you deserve to be granted the opportunity of another life? Will you ever see such an intriguing man like Decim within another life?
____________________________________________
Countless of questions circled throughout my head, overwhelming me as the sound of an elevator had went off, a faint 'ding!' being heard as the doors of the elevator would begin to slowly open, revealing a tall man with platinum hair standing behind the countertop of what seemed to have been a bar– his emotions didn't seem to falter as I'd slowly step out of the elevator, observing my surroundings closely before the man would speak out to me, "Welcome to Quindecim, please take a seat."

Without saying any further words, I had stepped over to the countertop and sat within one of the barstools, looking over at the male with curiosity– who exactly was this man and why was I here? This didn't seem like some ordinary place, it felt...strange.