Chapter Eight

After making it back home, and having the authorities take the stranger who tried to kill me away, Derek and I went into the empty room. We set the houses down, and plugged them into the walls. These houses looked like fancied up dollhouses on the outside  in all honesty. Their fronts were smooth, no shingles on the sides at all. The roofs were shingled, but too shiny for a realistic feel. It wasn't until I opened it that I saw how realistic it got.
         The one I opened had four little rooms, along with a bathroom in each. There was stairs throughout the house as well. The bottom floor had a living room, dining room, and a kitchen. I shut the front of the house and continued to set the houses along the walls, plugging them in as I go. Derek did as well. We got more than a few houses, as well as a few schools and some places to work. How this was all going to work was unknown to me, but I had to at least try.

"Well, I have to admit this is looking good." Derek commented. "I think those borrowers will really like it."

"I hope so." I said while sighing. "I just want them to be happier. But I don't think I can..." I felt his hand in my shoulder.

"Don't worry about it so much. You're doing a great thing here, and they'll appreciate it. If they don't that's their choice." He said. "It's going to be difficult to promise safety to them and keep them content, but they will be better off here than that pet store."

"I hope." I said quietly. "We should bring them in here and let them look around." Derek nodded and we went back to my room. All the borrowers were sitting or standing around, some scared and some simply curious. I opened up the cage and set it by them.

"I have to show you guys something, but I can't carry twelve borrowers on my shoulders." They didn't seem to like the idea of going back in the cage. I sighed. "I'm not going to shut the cage door if that helps anyone. It will be a very quick trip, I promise." They didn't talk much, but they seemed to understand since they all went into the cage one by one.
           I carried the cage carefully to the next room and set it down, thus letting them out. I heard a majority of them sounding amazed by the little village Derek and I made.

"Do you guys like it?" I ask. Many of them said yes. This of course made me happy. A young girl that seemed to be Amy's age walked up to me.

"Excuse me, Rose." She said sheepishly. I sat onto my knees carefully.

"What's up, little one?" I asked.

"I...I can't find my mom..." Her voice broke as she said that. I looked at Derek with concern. Then Lukas spoke.

"Your mom is still at the pet shop, little girl. You came to the shop before she did." He said.

"W-will she be adopted by a mean giant?" The little girl asked. I couldn't answer her. However, Derek did.

"No. No she won't, little one." He told her. "I will adopt her and take her here for you." The little girl smiled.

"Thank you mister!" She exclaimed.

"Not a problem, little girl. For now you'll need to stay with someone, okay? You're mommy will come home soon." He told her. She nodded and ran off to join the others.

"Will you really be able to find her mom?" I asked. He scoffed.

"It will be easy. If someone has taken her already, I'll buy her off of them. It's sad that I can most likely do that, but I'll bring her here right away." He told me. "Now, I need to discuss something else with you."

"What is it?"

"You're going to need to get forms for all of these guys if you want them to be safe."

"Sounds easy enough. Thank you for all your help, Mr.Shade."

"It is no problem, Rose. I think I'll bring one of my associates to help with this project. He's got four little borrowers living with him just like you did for awhile, so he knows the struggle of watching them."

"Oh? Who is he?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it. I'll bring him over sometime. For now, fill out these papers." He handed me a stack of papers. "I'll have this associate of mine finish them for you. Zero charge." We have about sixteen borrowers here, and sixteen forms would cost a fortune. I couldn't help but hug him.

"Thank you so much, I wouldn't be able to do this without you!" I said. He chuckled.

"It isn't a problem, Rose. I'll see you sometime tomorrow, okay? Stay out of trouble." He said with a smile after I stopped hugging him.

"Of course. I'm not a troublemaker." I joked. He scoffed and left. That night I spent hours finishing the forms.

I wonder who he wants to bring here?

🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀
Okay. A crappy chapter. I'm sorry :( I'm losing my motive and touch in these borrower stories. However I'm still trying. I might be ending this story and Tiny Neko soon. And you may be able to guess who Derek is referring to. If not, you should read Tiny Neko. Also, I've lost internet access at home so I will only be on during school days. Not weekends, after school, off days, or this summer. Again, I'm sorry for my slowness and crappiness in writing. I'm trying to continue them at my best ability.