I'm sorry

VANESSA POV

As we sat in the waiting room at the local hospital, we finally got called in and they started an ultrasound. I gasped. My mum was right, there was something in my stomach, and there was a heartbeat! The nurse said that I was already up to one month in my pregnancy. Tears were pouring down my face after hearing all of that. The nurse walked us out of the room and into the waiting area. She arranged another ultrasound for me in 10 weeks then left us.

"I called Thierry," said my mum as we walked out of the hospital and towards the car.

"What did you say?" I asked.

"I told him that we were at the hospital because you felt sick. He said that he was on his way here... And here he is," she said looking down the road as a limo drove towards us.

Thierry followed by my dad, Michael, April, Mike and Ruby got out of the car as soon as it stopped. Caleb got out too. Thierry ran over to me and took me into his arms. I hadn't realized that I was crying.

"It'll be ok," he said rubbing my back.

"What's going on?" asked my dad who now had his hands around my mum's.

"I'll explain it in the car. Thierry, would you mind driving back my car while we take the limo. You will want to be alone with Vanessa," she said.

Thierry nodded as they all headed to the limo. After the door slammed shut, Caleb drove off into the night.

"Now...tell me what's going on," said Thierry as he started the engine and headed towards his house.

"I'm pregnant! The nurse said that I'm one month already into the pregnancy but I've only ever slept with you," I said.

I looked over at Thierry and his face and eyes were hostile. He had gripped the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles were pale white. I held my heads in my hands and sobbed. I felt like a complete disappointment to him.

"How can you be a complete disappointment to me?" he asked in disbelief.

"Because I am!" I whispered.

The car wasn't moving anymore and it was dead silent.

"If you don't want the baby, we can get rid of it," said Thierry grabbing my chin and turning it to him. He was only a few inches from my face.

"I want the baby Thierry and I want you there. And I'll understand if you hate me for keeping it but this is as far as I'll ever get to having my own family and...I'd appreciate it if you were apart of it too," I said watching his face.

I swear that he had tears in his eyes by the time that I had finished.

"I could never hate you, I could only ever love you, I want the baby too and I'd love to be apart of your family," he said.

"Oh Thierry..." I began but his lips were already on mine.

He pulled away and kissed my forehead.

"I'll take care of both of you," he said.

"I know," I said and I kissed his lips softly, "Do you want a girl or a boy?"

"I've always wanted my very own baby girl," he said grinning.

* * * * *

Days had passed and most of the time; I was either snuggled up on the couch watching TV or asleep. The baby had started kicking me at certain times which meant that it was either hungry or thirsty. I had been eating triple of what I usually ate and had put on about 20kg. My stomach had been tripled since I first found out that I was pregnant. Thierry had cancelled my appointment because he had hired witches to keep me well.